Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Our AI-based technology helps professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1200 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Web Infra team. Our team’s mission is to accelerate frontend engineering across the whole company, influencing the developer experience & practices of 50+ frontend engineers, by building a range of tools and solutions - the most prominent of which is our micro frontend development platform and the component library.
As a perfect candidate, you’ll have expert-level knowledge of React & its ecosystem, design patterns applicable to building modern frontend applications at scale, and a passion for writing modern, testable, and maintainable code.
- Proven expert-level knowledge of how to build performant single-page React applications that are easy to maintain, test, and scale.
- Great leadership skills exemplifying the ability to communicate effectively and driving for alignment across disciplines
- Expert level knowledge of modern HTML/CSS and professional experience working with CSS-in-JS solutions like styled components
- Mastery of clean code in Typescript
Nice to have
- Experience in the problem space of micro frontends and scaling single page React applications and codebases to large number of teams
- Hands on experience with heavy theme & component customization using Material UI
- Experience using GraphQL
What we offer
- Opportunity to join a high impact team enabling technological transformation on an organizational scale, with room to grow as a technical leader
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week
- Relocation support for single employees, couples and families
- Great work life balance - no on-call, no meetings in the evening
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more.
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form. Application deadline 22.05.2023
For more information, please contact Talent Acquisition Lead Juha Mononen on LinkedIn or by mobile +358405256417 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Something looks off?