Senior Cloud Native Engineer
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Our AI-based technology helps professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1200 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far
AlphaSense Market Intelligence Search Enterprise product is built for the largest enterprises and designed to be self-managed by our customers to provide flexibility to meet their unique needs through infrastructure choices across multiple clouds. It is made to meet our customers' expectations of quality and security and has built-in enterprise-grade features to fulfill complex demands at a large scale.
As a Senior (Staff) Cloud Native Engineer, you will design, develop, and deploy cloud-native solutions for our AlphaSense platform, transforming 300+ existing services into cloud-native & cloud-agnostic environments. You will work closely with our product and engineering teams to ensure our platform is robust, scalable, reliable, and secure. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing best practices for deploying and managing the platform in a Kubernetes environment, as well as supporting 40+ teams in the cloud-agnostic transition journey.
- Create the Customer Managed Market Intelligence Search Platform
- Build and package the AlphaSense platform for deployment on Kubernetes clusters
- Migrate AWS-locked services to Cloud Agnostic technologies & solutions
- Promoting best practices for development and deployment in a Kubernetes-native environment
- Collaborate with product managers to ensure that the solutions meet customer requirements
- Support other development teams in adopting Cloud Agnostic practices
- Ensure that the platform is secure and compliant with industry standards
- At least 6 years of experience and solid proficiency in at least one programming language - Java, Typescript, Python, Golang
- Experience working with cloud-agnostic solutions (messaging, object storage, NoSQL, etc.)
- Deep understanding of microservices architecture and cloud-native principles
- Experience with CI/CD & GitOps
- Exposure to cloud-native/CNCF stack
- Knowledge and experience with Kubernetes API
- Experience with cloud APIs of cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Fluency in English
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with writing Kubernetes controllers
- Experience with customer-managed solutions with a clear understanding of the complexity of shipping such products
- Experience with Crossplane is a big plus
- Experience with MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Experience with Kafka
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Relocation support for single employees, couples and families
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week.
- Great work life balance - no on-call, no meetings in the evening
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more.
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form. Application deadline 28.06.2023
For more information, please contact Talent Acquisition Manager, Priyanka Sherry on LinkedIn or by mobile +358442444987 or e-mail: email@example.com
Something looks off?