Staff/Senior Software Engineer (Java/NodeJS)
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Our AI-based technology helps professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1200 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far
AlphaSense Market Intelligence Search Enterprise product is built for the largest enterprises and designed to be self-managed by our customers to provide flexibility to meet their unique needs through infrastructure choices across multiple clouds. It is made to meet our customers' expectations of quality and security and has built-in enterprise-grade features to fulfill complex demands at a large scale.
As a Senior/Staff Software Engineer, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to redesign and implement the software architecture of our highly-available microservices utilizing cloud-agnostic technologies, maintaining the scalability and resiliency of the systems. One of your challenges will be ensuring the systems can be deployed and run Kubernetes-natively anywhere.
As part of this journey, you will help the team break down the system into smaller, independent, tested, self-contained, portable components providing high flexibility and reusability that can be combined in the overall solution.
- Collaborate with the team to build a best-in-class Customer Managed Market Intelligence Search Platform
- Lead efforts to migrate applications to a cloud-agnostic architecture
- Create reusable libraries to abstract software logic from underlying cloud infrastructure that would benefit our product portability
- Collaborate with product managers to ensure that the solutions meet customer requirements
- Ensure that the platform is secure and compliant with industry standards
- Work with other AlphaSense cross-functional teams to improve their software design to empower enterprise customer-managed solution maturity demands
- At least 6 years of experience and solid proficiency in at least one programming language - Java and/or Typescript
- Experience working with cloud-agnostic solutions (messaging, object storage, NoSQL, etc.)
- Several years of experience developing software for modern cloud platforms
- Experience with GraphQL
- Strong experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Deep understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with cloud APIs of cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Fluency in English
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with customer-managed solutions with a clear understanding of the complexity of shipping such products
- Experience with building abstraction layers or libraries for cloud services (messaging, object storage, database, etc.)
- Experience in designing and implementing API contract testing
- Close Experience with CI/CD & GitOps
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Solr or Elastic Search
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Relocation support for single employees, couples and families
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week.
- Great work life balance - no on-call, no meetings in the evening
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more.
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.
For more information, please contact Talent Acquisition Manager, Priyanka Sherry on LinkedIn or by mobile +358442444987 or e-mail: email@example.com