Sales Development Representative - Financial Services
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, expert call transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
AlphaSense has established a robust client roster within the APAC region through a combination of sales and service efforts managed through the US and Europe, and a small local presence in Japan. Our client acquisitions to date serve as a strong indicator of our product/market fit and tremendous market opportunity within the region. The company is eager to add entrepreneurial-minded commercial professionals to help us pursue the opportunity that we’re very confident is in front of us and establish AlphaSense as a regional leader in market intelligence and research.
About The Team
The Sales Development team at AlphaSense sits at the front line of our company’s prospect engagement and pipeline generation efforts. We identify potential prospects, leverage diverse outreach strategies, engage in strategic conversations with stakeholders, and collaborate with Account Executives with the goal of expanding our footprint within new and existing accounts and generating revenue for the organization. At our core, we are a dynamic team of highly driven self-starters who are passionate about the AlphaSense product and rely on product and industry knowledge to communicate the value of our solution and convert interested prospects into qualified leads.
About The Role
Sales Development Representatives at AlphaSense are fundamental to the success and growth of our business. You will focus on driving new business by sourcing, establishing and building relationships with Fortune 1000 executives or investment professionals over the phone, by email and through social outreach. The SDR role at AlphaSense will provide you with the foundational expertise you need to not only excel in the role today but our training and development program will help to propel your career into a quota-carrying sales role.
Who You Are
- Passionate about sales: proven experience in a similar lead generation job having sold into the financial service industry
- A strong communicator: You will regularly be interacting with senior level executives from some of the largest companies in the world -- your written, verbal and presentation skills need to be on point
- Organized: You’ll be busy helping our sales team close major deals -- and you’ll need to keep yourself focused and on task
- Growth minded: Our business is rapidly evolving and we want you to do the same. We will give you the training, tools and guidance necessary to succeed in a fast-paced environment; it’s up to you to apply that learning and grow with us
- Goal-oriented: You will have specific KPIs by which we will measure your productivity on a consistent basis. When you see your goals, your first thought might be, “How do I beat it/surpass that target?” -- that’s what we’re looking for (and you’ll be compensated well for those efforts!)
What You’ll Do
- Make 50+ outbound calls per day and send 50+ emails per day as well as conducting research to identify new client opportunities based on key client profiles in target accounts. The outreach will be targeting APAC
- Being fluent in English is essential for this role and it is beneficial if you are fluent in other languages
- Research and identify new client opportunities based on key client profiles in target accounts within the financial service industry
- Partner with our Account Executives on identifying new business opportunities in our clients and prospects -- our business is growing rapidly and there are tens of thousands of opportunities to uncover -- we’re trusting you with the responsibility of uncovering them!
- Apply sales development best practices with email, phone and social outreach to connect with new prospects
- Engage with prospects to articulate our product’s value proposition
- Utilize discovery and objection handling strategies to speak knowledgeably with decision makers and to build interest in our offerings
- Coordinate meetings on an account executive’s calendar and log activities in CRM
- Demonstrate ability to consistently achieve or exceed program targets
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Want to hear more?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.
Something looks off?