Senior Cloud Platform Engineer
AlphaSense is an AI-powered market intelligence search engine used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to democratize access to the world's most important content sets for market analysis. Our customers include 75% of the S&P 100, 70% of the top asset management firms, 76% of the leading consultancies, and the 20 largest pharmaceutical companies. AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
- Total of $525M+ in VC funding – Series D funded in Jun’22 with a valuation of $1.7B
- Trusted by 4000+ enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
- 1000+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far:
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Cloud Infrastructure engineer to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for extending the capabilities of Kubernetes clusters with components and operators at enterprise scale.
This is an opportunity to use the latest cloud technologies, as you look for ways to improve our internal customer’s environments using cloud capabilities. You’ll be able to sharpen your skills in DevSecOps and platform technologies such as Kubernetes hosted in public clouds such as AWS, GCP and Azure while building cloud-agnostic solutions. As a Senior Cloud Infrastructure engineer, you’ll identify new opportunities to build cloud-based solutions to help our internal customers meet their evolving needs. Grow your skills at the leading edge of innovation.
- Overall 7 to 10 years of experience with supporting the architecture and implementation of Cloud solutions at an enterprise level.
- 6+ Years of experience with containerization and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- 6+ Years of experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or equivalent expertise in Kubernetes-native Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Crossplane, AWS Controllers for Kubernetes or Google Config Connector
- Experience with DevOps tools such as ArgoCD, Spinnaker, Jenkins, or GitHub Actions
- Experience with shell scripting and at least 5 years of experience and solid proficiency in at least one programming language - Java, Python, Golang
- Experience with the use of version control systems for code management and artifact tracking, including GitHub or JIRA
- Good understanding of distributed systems.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and streaming services such as MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and Kafka.
- Good understanding of MongoDB and other NoSQL database metrics from a performance monitoring perspective.
- Hands-on experience with database performance analysis and scaling.
- Experience with Prometheus, and Grafana.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with system architecture or microservices architecture
- Experience with Service Mesh
- Experience with Crossplane
- Experience with RESTful web services and related technology
- Experience with writing RFCs and technical challenge documentation
Want to hear more?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.