Director, Expert Lifecycle Marketing and Outreach
Location: Remote - United States
Reports to: Senior Director, Content Operations
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Stream by Alphasense is a searchable database of investor-led expert interviews based on one-on-one calls with former executives, customers, competitors, and channel participants across a breadth of industries. With our proprietary AI search technology, we help the leading financial institutions get up to speed about a company, market, or industry in seconds.
About the Team:
Stream is a true hyper-growth business, having quadrupled its revenue in the past year, with significant scale in the 8 figures. The business is set to continue multiplying in size annually for the foreseeable future, leveraging AlphaSense’s 500+ strong sales and marketing organization for distribution, and a similar product development organization that continues to rapidly innovate and enhance the product, expanding its market leadership.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Expert Marketing and Outreach to join our team and help us scale our Expert Network. Expert insights are the foundation of our product offering, and delivering a category-leading expert experience at every stage of an expert’s journey with us is critical to our business. As the Head of Expert Marketing and Outreach you will be responsible for the top of funnel for our expert recruiting efforts, overseeing all marketing programs that support expert lead generation - from awareness to call scheduling. Additionally, you will work closely with our Expert Experience team and Senior Leadership to craft a compelling and differentiated expert value proposition that can be delivered across the expert lifecycle. As the first hire in this role, it is an incredible opportunity for an entrepreneurial candidate to build and refine a new organizational capability that will support Stream’s business over the long term.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and own an end-to-end, cross-channel marketing program for expert recruiting
- Drive our segmentation and content strategies to maximize expert conversion
- Build email journeys that engage experts at each stage of their lifecycle
- Design experiments to test different outreach strategies - optimizing conversion rates
- Own our tech stack for expert outreach - ensuring that we have the right technology and data capabilities to properly support our use cases and strategy
- Oversee a team of booking specialists who support expert outreach and scheduling
- Collaborate with our Expert Experience team and Senior Leadership to develop our overall expert value proposition and ensure delivery against that value proposition at every stage of the expert journey
- Partner closely with the AlphaSense and Stream Marketing organizations to coordinate on strategy and initiatives to maximize outcomes and use of shared resources
- Work with leadership and our Business Intelligence teams to develop KPIs and reporting that enable the business to effectively track the performance or our expert outreach efforts
Who You Are:
- A creative and energetic marketing professional with a strong technical background that is excited about disrupting the Expert Network space with D2C best practices
- 10+ years of experience, 4-5 of which are in email or lifecycle marketing for a leading D2C brand or two-sided marketplace
- 2+ years of experience in a marketing operations role - with experience using cross-channel marketing orchestration tools and CDPs
- Strong data and analytical skills - experience with SQL and Jinja coding languages preferred
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Excellent copy writing skills, with an intuitive understanding of the value proposition of expert insights
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and hit deadlines and business targets
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to build process that span functional areas
- Strong EQ and ability to collaborate and work broadly within an organization where information sharing and teamwork is critical
- Strong people management fundamentals with ambition to manage and develop a team
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $164,000 - 182,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.