Learning & Development Specialist
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Our AI-based technology helps professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1200 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far
About the Team:
The Global People Team is made up of seasoned professionals with a diverse range of expertise – spanning talent acquisition, business partnering, regional operations, and a growing core of functional experts in culture, leadership, talent, learning, organizational development, compensation, beneﬁts, systems, and analytics. Building on the recent global launch of Workday, we are supporting the company’s continued hyper-growth focused on two core corporate objectives – building the operational excellence and scalable infrastructure to deliver our strategy while supporting proﬁtable growth; and evolving our culture so it is optimized for delivering our strategy and supporting our growth and scale while attracting and retaining top talent.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Learning and Development Specialist to join our dynamic Global People Team. As a Learning and Development Specialist, you will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and facilitating leadership, management and employee training and development programs. This is an excellent opportunity for a learning and development professional, who is passionate about driving employee growth and fostering a culture of continuous learning.
Who You Are:
- 2-5 years of experience in Instructional Design including: writing curriculum, developing content, facilitation/delivery both virtually and in-person, and evaluating training effectiveness
- Strong understanding of adult learning principles, instructional design models, and learning evaluation methodologies
- Proven experience in designing and delivering training programs using various delivery methods and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a global tech organization (preferred)
- Proﬁcient in Google Suite (Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Slides)
- Proﬁcient in learning management systems (LMS) and e-learning authoring tools (Workday preferred)
- Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
What You’ll Do:
- Perform all phases of the training lifecycle, which may include project leadership and communication responsibilities for training initiatives
- Program Design and Development: Collaborate with colleagues and subject matter experts to design and develop engaging and effective training programs, materials, and resources aligned with organizational goals
- Training Delivery: Deliver training sessions through various mediums, such as workshops, presentations, e-learning modules, and virtual classrooms, ensuring a dynamic and interactive learning experience for participants
- Evaluation and Continuous Improvement: Assess the impact and effectiveness of training programs through post-training evaluations, feedback surveys, and performance metrics. Analyze results to identify areas for improvement and implement changes accordingly
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on professional development opportunities, career paths, and individual growth plans
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, subject matter experts, and external vendors to ensure the successful implementation and delivery of training programs
- Learning Culture Promotion: Foster a culture of continuous learning by promoting learning initiatives and recommending innovative learning solutions
- Industry Research: Stay updated on emerging trends and technologies in learning and development, and recommend innovative approaches to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of training initiatives
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Relocation support for single employees, couples and families
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week.
- Great work life balance - no on-call, no meetings in the evening
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, Lunch benefit, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more.
For more information, please contact Talent Acquisition Manager, Priyanka Sherry
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulﬁlling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualiﬁed employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.