Senior Software Engineer - Vector Search
AlphaSense is an AI-powered market intelligence search engine used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to democratize access to the world's most important content sets for market analysis. Our customers include 75% of the S&P 100, 70% of the top asset management firms, 76% of the leading consultancies, and the 20 largest pharmaceutical companies. AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
- Total of $525M+ in VC funding – Series D funded in Jun’22 with a valuation of $1.7B
- Trusted by 3,500+ enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
- 1000+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far:
About the Role:We are seeking a passionate senior software engineer to join our AI & Search Platform team to work on vector search. The AI & Search Platform team develops the next generation of AI platform and search infrastructure, and owns the platform and services powering AlphaSense’ AI & Search product features. You will work closely with a team of talented engineers to deliver scalable solutions for our world-class AI-powered search platform.
- A BS/MS degree in a relevant technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology is highly desired, but equivalent experience will be considered as well
- A strong software engineer who can design large scale software systems, write high quality code and tests
- 4+ years of software development experience with building scalable, high-performing, and robust applications. Familiar with Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS or GCP
- 1+ years of experience with open-source search engines, if you have experience with vector search, that is a huge plus!
- Excellence experience in producing high-quality software designs to support long-term maintainability and extensibility of code
- An excellent communicator with strong organizational, problem-solving, debugging and analytical skills
- Experience working in a cross-functional distributed team environment
- Write highest quality code and tests
- Develop search infrastructure software, including indexing, query parsing and relevance ranking
- Design, develop and deploy high-performance search APIs
- Develop search engine monitoring tools, as well as scalable backend services and tools
- Improve the reliability and latency of search services
- Work closely with Product Management to translate product requirements into software architectures
What we offer:
- Playing a part in the story of a fast-growing company
- Competitive compensation package
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Very highly skilled colleagues
- Lunch and recreational benefits
- Occupational health care
Want to hear more?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.