Senior AI Research Engineer
Location: New York Metropolitan area
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Role:
We are seeking a passionate research engineer to join our AI team. The AI team develops the cutting edge deep learning, NLP, search and recommendation algorithms that power AlphaSense Search and AI products. You’ll work closely with a team of talented researchers and engineers to deliver scalable solutions for our world class AI powered search platform.
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field with a focus on deep learning and NLP.
- Familiar with the state-of-the-art deep learning and natural language processing research.
- 3+ years of experience working in ML / AI.
- Proven ability to develop LLMs from data collection to deployment.
- Proficient in Python and familiar with deep learning frameworks like PyTorch and TensorFlow, and libraries like Spacy and HuggingFace.
- Experience contributing to LLM related publications or open source projects is a big plus.
- An excellent communicator with strong organizational, problem-solving, debugging and analytical skills.
- Develop highly scalable deep learning models such as LLM and take them all the way to production.
- Conduct cutting edge research in deep learning & natural language processing.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to translate product requirements into AI algorithms.
- Own systems end-to-end including design, code, training, testing, deployment and iteration.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $148,000 - $185,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.