Senior People Generalist
Reports to: Senior Manager, People Operations / Senior Director, Regional People Operations
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, expert call transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
AlphaSense has established a robust client roster within the APAC region through a combination of sales and service efforts managed through the US and Europe, and a small local presence in Japan. Our client acquisitions to date serve as a strong indicator of our product/market fit and tremendous market opportunity within the region. The company is eager to add entrepreneurial-minded commercial professionals to help us pursue the opportunity that we’re very confident is in front of us and establish AlphaSense as a regional leader in market intelligence and research.
About the Role:
As the first People Generalist in Singapore, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and driving our People initiatives from the ground up. Your primary responsibility will be to establish and oversee all aspects of the People function, ensuring adherence to local labor laws, building strong partnerships with leaders in the Singapore office, and providing exceptional support to our employees.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth and success of our company in the Singapore market. If you are a driven, innovative, and people-centric HR professional who thrives in a dynamic environment, we welcome you to apply for the role of People Generalist and be a key part of our global expansion journey.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience, preferably with a focus on startup or high-growth SaaS companies
- Extensive knowledge of Singaporean labor laws and HR best practices
- Experience in building HR processes and systems from scratch
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships across all levels of the organization
- Experience in working as a part of a global team
- Proven ability to handle employee relations issues with empathy and professionalism
- Demonstrated success in talent acquisition and managing end-to-end recruitment processes
- Demonstrated high level of trust, confidentiality, and sound judgment
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Ability to work independently
What You’ll Do:
- Support and guide managers in managing performance and employees' development (e.g., setting clear expectations, feedback, documenting and addressing performance issues, etc.)
- Work closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Work closely with Talent on delivering our Talent Acquisition Strategy and recruiting a high caliber of talent
- Design or update job descriptions as needed
- Prepare offer letters or employment contracts, benefits enrollment, and new hire paperwork (including right to work checks)
- Work with other key stakeholders on ensuring smooth running of onboarding processes, including leading onboarding sessions
- Collaborate with our Global Benefits & Wellness team on benefits enrollment
- Provide support and guidance during the annual compensation review and other People programs
- Coordinate staff offboarding, including exit interviews and appropriate handoffs
- Assist with the design, implementation, and rollout of company policies, adhering to local compliance
- Collaborate with People team and external HR/Legal Counsel on employee relations issues
- Act as subject matter expert and respond to employees' questions/queries or escalate to People team or external HR/Legal Counsel as needed
- Maintain people records and personnel files in Workday, our HRIS
- Assist in creating a great local company culture through office and outside events in partnership with the Workplace, Community & Experience team
- Coordinate ad-hoc office operations as needed with the support of the Workplace, Community and Experience team
- Act as a local expert to support Global People team
- Assist Global People Team with various projects as needed
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.