Procurement Category Manager
Location: Remote, US
Reports to: Director of Procurement
AlphaSense is an AI-powered market intelligence search engine used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to democratize access to the world's most important content sets for market analysis. Our customers include 75% of the S&P 100, 70% of the top asset management firms, 76% of the leading consultancies, and the 20 largest pharmaceutical companies. AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
- Total of $525M+ in VC funding – Series D funded in Jun’22 with a valuation of $1.7B
- Trusted by 3,500+ enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
- 1000+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The Procurement team works within the Corporate Services, Technology, & Security (CSTS) organization and supports AlphaSense to enable every employee with secure data, insights, and technology to leverage as assets to support our hyper growth on the way to IPO. We are currently building our Procurement team to meet the demands of our business and build scalable processes and systems that are compliant and auditable. We work closely with key stakeholder groups, e.g., IT, Security, Finance and Legal to ensure these processes meet or exceed expectations. Additionally, we partner across departments to understand their business needs, drive operational improvement, and support growth.
About the Role:
AlphaSense is currently seeking a Procurement Category Manager responsible for Software/SaaS, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Technology category experience along with general category knowledge. This is the opportunity to make an immediate, meaningful, and lasting impact on our fast-growing company.
What You'll Do:
Category Management & Delivery
- Personally develops, leads, and manages categories.
- Develops an end-to-end category strategy, mapping out the current landscape and defining an improvement plan for the near, mid, and long-term to stimulate interest from and engagement with stakeholders.
- Activities such as: market research, demand management, specification development, spend analytics, category strategy development, business case development, negotiation, lead RFP’s, E-Procurement, Supplier management, and stakeholder engagement.
- Deliver procurement activities, including enabling the Business to self-serve post Contract Management, KPI & SLA development and tracking, Stakeholder engagement, Communications, Risk and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
- Utilize established tools/systems & adherence to policies.
- Feed success stories into overall Procurement communications.
Client/Internal Stakeholder Relations
- Demonstrating value delivery to all stakeholders to reinforce stakeholder buy-in.
- Be able to engage leaders to gain insights and perspective.
- Understand business area needs, strategies and priorities and service accordingly.
- Ability to explain Indirect Procurement practices, benefits to the organization, the value of Supplier Relationship Management participation in post contract management.
- Demonstrate AlphaSense values in all relationships (including Suppliers).
- The Procurement Team is responsible for business-wide engagement. This role is responsible for the credibility and reputation of Procurement as a value-adding team. “Selling” Procurement is a key part of this role.
- Specifically, where the business is not engaged, or late, finds ways of improving engagement and develops a plan of action.
- Ability to address urgent needs of the business effectively and efficiently.
- Champion and enact business sourcing to leverage AlphaSense’s buying power.
- Be knowledgeable in best procurement practice for the categories.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies with the business, expertly advising and guiding the process to the best-fit approach, tactics, and tools (e.g., outcome-based specifications, RFP/RFI/RFQ builds, KPI/SLA development).
Processes, Metrics & Execution
- Educate, champion and drive business stakeholders through the Procurement system.
- Track progress against objectives; refine and develop audience- updates.
- Use market research to ensure that AlphaSense stays abreast of latest market cost/value/innovation developments per Category.
- Work in collaboration with Finance, Legal, IT, Security, Internal Audit/Risk and other functions to ensure compliance to policies and audit remediation.
- Responsible for the professional negotiation and contract management process, including facilitating extended team members involvement (e.g., Legal, Finance, IT and Security).
- Responsible to the stakeholder for the timely procurement of contract services required for company operations.
- Create, prioritize, and plan a pipeline of opportunities to deliver the saving objectives and reduce overall risk.
- Develop and maintain an annual supplier management plan, including forecasted spend, savings expectations and performance objectives.
- Enable AlphaSense to get the best out of its Suppliers by working in partnership with them for mutual good business.
- Help the Business conduct post contract management and facilitate Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) with key (top 20%) Suppliers.
- Ensure Procurement, the Business, and Suppliers conduct business ethically, and within the Company’s policies and guidelines. Alert the leadership to any improper practice.
- Encourage Supplier Diversity.
Who You Are:
- BA or BS; Procurement Certifications are a plus.
- 6+ years of experience in Global Strategic Sourcing Procurement organizations.
- Expertise in developing, leading, driving and managing supplier and contract negotiations including achievement of TCO value. Extensive knowledge of category management practices and principles.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver value-added results to the organization by driving financial analysis principles and procurement discipline.
- High level of client focus and an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to think strategically, communicate expectations and drive to achieve results.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $131,000 - $150,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.