Senior Cloud Platform Engineer DevEx (GitHub)
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Our AI-based technology helps professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1200 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far:
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Developer Experience Engineer to lead the migration of our source code repositories and pipelines from BitBucket to GitHub. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of both BitBucket and GitHub (in particular in regards to the API and Pipelines automation and options) and experience with the migration process. With hundreds of repositories and pipelines spanning teams and engineers across countries and continents, strong communication and the ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders is essential.
This role will play a key part in our strategy to improve Developer Experience by enabling us to move to Github, building the interfaces and processes that our developers can enjoy using while simplifying the adoption of patterns and tools to facilitate the transition with minimum disruption.
Activities include partnering with developers and teams in reviewing their current integrations and pipelines, designing a target implementation in Github, and developing and implementing the supportive automation to simplify the migration.
The role is part of our Cloud Platform DevEx team, whose mission is to enable our development teams to deliver exceptional customer experiences with ease, substantial autonomy and reduced cognitive load, by providing them with the interfaces that allow them to build, test, ship, operate and decommission their services on Cloud native infrastructure.
- Lead the migration of our source code repositories and pipelines from BitBucket to GitHub
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to ensure a smooth and successful migration, including support for less common use cases
- Design, document, discuss, communicate and execute the migration plan
- Support teams with the process, assisting by testing and troubleshooting migrated pipelines, making sure no loss of features takes place (such as security tools and other related integrations), etc
- Contribute to the development of tools and automation to enable self-service migration paths using Backstage
- Continue to provide support to developers after the migration is complete, iterating to mature the integration between GitHub, Backstage and other tools
- Solid experience directly developing against or working with BitBucket and GitHub APIs and integration services
- Solid experience developing and working with pipelines automation and CI/CD systems
- Solid scripting skills using Bash, Python and/or Groovy
- Demonstrated practice with the same or at least a similar migration process (e.g. Gitlab to Github, Bitbucket to Gitlab)
- Experience with Cloud APIs (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Project management with an eye for product development as part of the team responsible to build our Developer Portal
- Experience integrating and developing Backstage is a plus
- Passion to improve developer overall experience and productivity (happiness)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
What we offer:
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Relocation support for single employees, couples and families
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, Lunch benefit, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more...
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form. Application deadline 19.10.2023
For more information, please contact Talent Acquisition Manager, Priyanka Sherry on LinkedIn or by mobile +358442444987 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org