Practice Leader, TMT Research - AlphaSense Expert Insights
Title: Practice Leader, TMT Research
Location: Remote - United States
Reports to: Director of Research, TMT
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
Stream, AlphaSense’s expert interview transcript library, is a new and transformative form of market intelligence content. Through transcripts covering thousands of companies, it captures the unfiltered views and insights of business operators in the trenches, interviewed by professional investors who drill into key questions on what’s truly important about a company at each moment in time. Stream’s library of over 30,000 transcripts is the market’s broadest, covering all sectors of the economy, with thousands more published each month. Stream is quickly becoming a table-stakes solution for institutional investors to choose the right companies to invest in, while gaining rapid adoption among all other consumers of market intelligence from sell-side research and banking, consultancies and large corporations.
Stream is a true hyper-growth business, having quadrupled its revenue in the past year, with significant scale in the 8 figures. The business is set to continue multiplying in size annually for the foreseeable future, leveraging AlphaSense’s 500+ strong sales and marketing organization for distribution, and a similar product development organization that continues to rapidly innovate and enhance the product, expanding its market leadership
About the Role:
As Practice Leader, you will play a pivotal role in delivering proprietary research products that rely on expert insights to drive critical decision-making among institutional investors and corporate clients. In addition, your responsibilities will include supporting the AlphaSense commercial team by engaging with clients and prospects to discover their interests and share your subject matter expertise. Your extensive TMT knowledge coupled with your excellence in research, communication, project management and relationship building will ensure that our clients receive unparalleled information to drive their investment and business strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- Research Creation: Design and build proprietary primary-research products based on business objectives
- Research Execution: Lead research products on an ongoing basis, adjusting efforts as needed to industry trends, breaking news and business needs; includes developing relationships with industry experts, conducting live interviews and leading others in these efforts
- Research Analysis and Communication: Analyze research findings and deliver conclusions in written and verbal forms
- Client Engagement: Support the AlphaSense commercial sales team by using your industry and research expertise to engage with clients and prospects, in turn, gaining insights that can be incorporated into AlphaSense research efforts.
- Collaboration: Forge strong partnerships with cross-functional teams, including sales/marketing, industry experts, and research teams to align research efforts with business objectives
Who You Are:
- Experience: 7+ years of equity research using primary sources at a sell-side firm or buy-side fund
- Research Proficiency: Proven track record of leading and conducting research projects that yield accurate, actionable results under established deadlines; strong analytical and critical thinking skills, intellectual curiosity, and ability to build relationships
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and mentor teams to achieve research objectives.
- Industry Knowledge: In-depth understanding of the TMT sector, including market dynamics, key industry players, and emerging trends
- Communication: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to relay complex information in easily understood forms to a variety of audiences
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $135,000 - $145,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.