Director, FP&A (GTM)
Location: New York
Reports to: VP, FP&A
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The FP&A team partners with executive team members across the company to provide timely, fact-based, data-driven decision support to help drive critical business decisions. The team drives annual planning, owns the operating plan and long-term financial model, and is responsible for both internal and external / Board reporting.
About the Role:
In this highly visible role, you will work closely with Revenue leaders to forecast and analyze top line metrics, influence resource allocation, and support strategic investment decisions across the business. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical and communication skills and will take a data-driven approach to influencing business decisions. You will combine your financial modeling skills with knowledge of the business to become a trusted business partner to our Revenue organization.
Who You Are:
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or relevant degree. MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in FP&A, with several years at a high growth SaaS company
- An understanding of the SaaS GTM engine and the KPIs used to measure success
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex financial information to non-finance stakeholders
- Strong business partnership experience, with the desire to work cross functionally to drive alignment across the business
- Proven ability to identify and drive impactful financial outcomes, and to manage complex projects across multiple teams
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, comfortable with high level of ownership
- Expert financial modeling skills
- Proven track record in building and managing outstanding finance teams in a fast-growing environment
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, Salesforce, Workday, and Tableau a plus
What You’ll Do:
- Lead all forecasting, budgeting, and reporting processes for the Revenue organization
- Own and maintain models for ARR and revenue planning. Partner with Revenue Operations to drive rigorous and accurate forecasts, monitor growth and productivity metrics, and highlight areas of risk or opportunity.
- Partner cross-functionally to help budget holders understand how they are spending relative to targets; answer important questions about resource allocation, trade-offs, and more
- Produce data-driven insights and proactive recommendations to help drive future growth and margin expansion within the Revenue organization
- Develop reporting around critical business metrics, including cohort analyses, retention, CAC, LTV, magic number, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly financial materials, including internal, Board, and investor reporting packages, with a focus on strategic insights and story-telling
- Contribute to overall improvements across FP&A processes as we drive towards IPO readiness
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $193,000 - $213,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.