Inbound Business Development Representative (BDR)
Location: New York City - United States
Reports to: Manager, Inbound Business Development
**Hybrid in-office presence**
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
About the Team:
The Inbound Business Development team, part of the Revenue Marketing team at AlphaSense, sits at the front line of our company’s prospect engagement and pipeline generation efforts. We identify potential prospects through marketing campaigns and events. We then qualify leveraging diverse and personalized outreach strategies, engage in strategic conversations with stakeholders, and collaborate with Account Executives with the goal of expanding our footprint within new and existing accounts and generating revenue for the organization. At our core, we are a dynamic team of highly driven self-starters who are passionate about the AlphaSense product and rely on product and industry knowledge and inbound best practices to communicate the value of our solution and convert interested prospects into qualified leads.
About the Role:
Inbound Business Development Representatives are fundamental to the success and growth of our business. You will focus on driving new business and up-sell opportunities by developing warm sales-ready leads from marketing using various tactics across email, phone, direct mail, and social. The Inbound BDR role at AlphaSense will provide you with the foundational expertise you need to not only excel in the role today but our training and development program will help to propel your career into a quota-carrying sales role or marketing role in the future.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about sales: Whether you have sales experience or you are looking to get into sales for the first time; you possess the drive and ambition to succeed
- A strong communicator: You will regularly be interacting with senior-level executives from some of the largest companies in the world -- your written, verbal and presentation skills need to be on point
- Organized: You’ll be busy helping our sales team close major deals -- and you’ll need to keep yourself focused and on task
- Growth-minded: Our business is rapidly evolving and we want you to do the same. We will give you the training, tools and guidance necessary to succeed in a fast-paced environment; it’s up to you to apply that learning and grow with us
- Goal-oriented: You will have specific KPIs by which we will measure your productivity on a consistent basis. When you see your goals, your first thought might be, “How do I beat it/surpass that target?” -- that’s what we’re looking for (and you’ll be compensated well for those efforts!)
- Experience in or passion for Financial Services a strong plus
What You’ll Do:
- Qualify inbound leads who have recently engaged with webinars, content assets, trial requests, demos, events, case studies, and more
- Partner closely with demand generation, product marketing, and segment marketing to craft inspiring outreach sequences that engage prospects and customers
- Apply sales development best practices with email, phone, and social outreach to connect with new prospects
- Engage with prospects to articulate our product’s value proposition
- Utilize discovery and objection-handling strategies to speak knowledgeably with decision-makers and to build interest in our offerings
- Coordinate meetings on an account executive’s calendar and log activities in CRM
- Demonstrate ability to consistently achieve or exceed program targets
- Leverage a best-in-class Business Development tech stack including Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, Alyce, and more
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $60,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.