Senior Software Engineer - Search Experience Team
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
Check out what we’ve built so far:
About the Role:
We are seeking a passionate senior software engineer to join the Search Experience team. The Search Experience team is responsible for delivering the state-of-the-art user interface and search functionalities for our platform. As a senior software engineer, you will play a key role in designing, developing, and delivering scalable backend software solutions to enable AI powered search features.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant technical discipline
- A strong software engineer who can design large-scale backend systems, write high-quality code, and tests
- 4+ years of software development experience in building scalable, high-performing, and robust applications. Familiar with Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS or GCP
- Experience with building and deploying complex software
- If you have experience with search engines and/or ETL pipelines, that is a huge plus!
- An excellent communicator with strong organizational, problem-solving, debugging, and analytical skills
- Experience working in a cross-functional distributed team environment
- Write the highest quality code and tests
- Design, develop, and optimize search services and document processing pipelines
- Design, develop, and deploy high-performance search APIs to support search experience
- Work closely with Search Infrastructure and Service teams to improve overall search reliability and latency
- Work closely with Product Management to translate product requirements into software architectures