Senior Cloud Platform Engineer (FinOps)
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Our AI-based technology helps professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1200 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
As a FinOps Engineer, you will be an integral member of our Cloud Platform Core team, focusing specifically on driving FinOps adoption across our R&D organization and eventually the entire company. Your goal is to ensure we get the most value out of every dollar we spend in the cloud.
You will work closely with our FinOps lead with an initial focus on improved cost allocation, showback, budgeting and forecasting capabilities, while actively engaging on exemplifying and extending the cultural and business practices required to incorporate FinOps principles to AlphaSense in the long term. As part of the role, you will be responsible for supporting actions and tools as required to develop the mentioned capabilities and set the foundation to mature at the various FinOps phases while we look for opportunities to further optimize.
- Develop and implement FinOps capabilities, such as cost tagging, budgeting, and forecasting
- Measure the status of FinOps capabilities and make recommendations for improvement
- Communicate the benefits of FinOps to the organization and build a culture of cost optimization
- Stay up-to-date on FinOps best practices and trends
- Investigating cost anomalies
- Identifying cloud waste and potential savings opportunities
- Helping teams to right-size various resources and estimate costs for potential projects
- 5+ years of experience in cloud computing and Kubernetes
- 2+ years of FinOps/cloud optimization/cloud cost management experience
- Experience with large and complex cloud hierarchies of accounts/projects (bonus for having designed and deployed Landing Zones)
- FinOps certified preferred
- Strong understanding of cloud pricing models and cost optimization techniques (AWS is a must, others are good to have, in particular GCP) with experience managing committed usage discounts (e.g. Saving Plans, Reserved Instances, etc.)
- Experience with cloud cost management tools (we use Finout)
- Data Analysis and Business Intelligence background and practical experience (e.g. Microsoft Excel advanced usage or SQL/Athena experience) is a plus
- Cloud Custodian experience is a plus
- Experience automating querying of Cost and related REST APIs a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Want to hear more?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.