Lead Engineer/Senior Software Engineer
AlphaSense provides an AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s market and company information, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 3500+ enterprise clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
Check out what we’ve built so far: https://vimeo.com/360622663/fa460b394e
AlphaSense culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvkCzvolyaY
We are seeking an innovative Lead Software Engineer to help create the next big thing in document processing and search solutions.
You will join our team of world-class experts developing the AlphaSense platform. The team is right at the very core of what we do and responsible for implementing the cutting-edge technology for scalable, distributed processing of millions of documents.
As the technical lead, you will focus on solving larger technical challenges while leading the effort to design, build and configure applications and act as the primary point of contact.
The ideal candidate has strong Java skills accompanied by solid experience with working with cloud computing. You should be able to work with your team and inspire them to reach their goals. You should always be expanding your industry knowledge and be able to quickly identify problems. Outstanding technical leads are accountable, trustworthy, and able to build lasting relationships with their teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop product expertise, technical mastery, and lead a team.
- Clarify requirements & design effective solutions to complex problems.
- Ensure effective delegation to reach the delivery goals with high-quality output while team members are mentored and guided effectively
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues. Identify risks and form contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Evolve technical maturity and ability of the organization by applying new technology and practices through constant learning and innovation.
- Collaborate with teams in global locations and across functions in some cases. Communicate directly with the product and other stakeholders.
- Ensure team performance and inspire the team to grow their skills-set. Effectively mentor junior members of the team.
- Follow the engineering processes, DevOps practices, and trends inside the company (monitoring, alerting, performance optimization, integration testing, design documentation) and make sure the teams improve related knowledge as well
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Software Development with 3+ years of proficiency in Java
- Minimum 1 year experience developing applications in Spring/Springboot
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available and distributed systems using MicroServices
- Working knowledge on any cloud service provider(preferably AWS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to share thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
Nice to have
- Hands-on experience in Java8
- Exposure to NoSQL solutions like MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc
- Experience with working on Dockers, K8s