TMT Research Analyst, AlphaSense Expert Insights
Location: New York / Remote
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and sell-side research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
About the Team:
Stream, AlphaSense’s expert interview transcript library, is a new and transformative form of market intelligence content. Through transcripts covering thousands of companies, it captures the unfiltered views and insights of business operators in the trenches, interviewed by professional investors who drill into key questions on what’s truly important about a company at each moment in time. Stream’s library of over 30,000 transcripts is the market’s broadest, covering all sectors of the economy, with thousands more published each month. Stream is quickly becoming a table-stakes solution for institutional investors to choose the right companies to invest in, while gaining rapid adoption among all other consumers of market intelligence from sell-side research and banking, consultancies and large corporations.
Stream is a true hyper-growth business, having quadrupled its revenue in the past year, with significant scale in the 8 figures. The business is set to continue multiplying in size annually for the foreseeable future, leveraging AlphaSense’s 500+ strong sales and marketing organization for distribution, and a similar product development organization that continues to rapidly innovate and enhance the product, expanding its market leadership
About the Role:
As a Research Analyst you will play a pivotal role in delivering cutting-edge industry insights to AlphaSense Directors of Research, empowering them to make informed decisions. Your responsibilities will also include providing the internal salesforce with actionable AlphaSense-generated research. Your exceptional research and communication skills will ensure that our clients receive unparalleled information to drive their investment and business strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- Industry Analysis: Conduct thorough equity research to uncover industry trends, regulatory shifts, and market developments for AlphaSense Directors of Research
- Reporting: Collaborate in the creation of concise summaries and white papers, presenting key takeaways from AlphaSense expert calls. Support the AlphaSense commercial team and Directors of Research in extracting the most valuable insights from AlphaSense expert calls
- Collaboration: Forge strong partnerships with cross-functional teams, including sales/marketing, experts, and research teams, to align research efforts with business objectives
- Survey Creation: Assist in formulating well-structured expert surveys and interview guides, overseeing the collection of responses, and drawing insightful conclusions
- Expert Interviews: Conduct interviews with industry experts to glean invaluable insights that benefit our clients
- User Engagement Analysis: Generate client engagement reports to enhance research coverage decisions and drive AlphaSense product innovation
Who You Are:
- Experience: 2-4 years of experience in expert networking, equity research, management consulting, or market analysis
- Research Proficiency: Exceptional ability to conduct efficient and thorough research, analyze complex information, and distill it into actionable insights. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills for evaluating data and providing relevant recommendations
- Communication: Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, facilitating clear and effective interactions among Directors of Research, internal teams, and clients
- Industry Knowledge: Sound understanding of the Technology, Media, & Telecomm (TMT) sector. Knowledge of market dynamics, key industry players, and emerging trends
- Project Management: Proven track record of managing multiple projects concurrently, meeting deadlines, and effectively prioritizing tasks
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $75,000 - $90,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.