AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform that the world's leading companies and financial institutions use. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from extensive public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,500+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit: www.alpha-sense.com
Check out what we’ve built so far:
- The decision that matters -
2. AlphaSense culture: India Office -
We seek an innovative Engineer Manager - Fullstack Applications to help create the next big thing in Document Search & Research relevant Monitoring solutions.
You will join our team of world-class experts developing the AlphaSense platform. The team is right at the very core of what we do and responsible for implementing cutting-edge technology for scalable, distributed processing of millions of documents.
As the Technical Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for steering the Monitoring feature development, deployment and management of the same with a focus on solving larger technical challenges with the team. As its servant leader, you will ensure that our features are robust, scalable, cost-effective, secure and managed with scale in mind, fit to serve our business and customer needs efficiently. With a keen focus on operational excellence and architectural best practices, you will support the team in embracing cloud-native principles and foster a culture of innovation, responsibility, and continuous improvement. Balancing technical acumen with strong people skills and multicultural sensibilities, you will act as a bridge between various stakeholders and the team, ensuring that our Kubernetes clusters are not only reliable and performant but also consistently aligned with the evolving landscape of our business strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the delivery of high-quality AS Application features prioritizing simplicity and focusing on solving core problems
- Maintain and elevate operational processes for the management of features developed/ managed in team/s considering various environments, emphasizing scalability and reliability, considering full development lifecycle
- Implement talent frameworks to build a team with the right mix of expertise and experience
- Act as a technical thought leader, providing insights into the strategic development of feature-based solutions
- Champion the growth and development of the team, encouraging a continuous learning environment and supporting its members through coaching and mentoring, while ensuring long-term growth and psychological safety
- Drive OKRs (Objectives and Key results) for the team for each quarter, while actively participating in the conversation defining mission and R&D quarter and yearly OKRs
- Foster collaboration and effective communication within the team and across organizational boundaries
- Uphold rigorous standards for production support of our Kubernetes clusters, including incident management and root cause analysis
- Oversee the team’s participation in architectural decisions, advocating for the right trade-offs and technical choices
- Actively engage in hiring and retention strategies, including defining or updating role responsibilities and performance expectations
- Encourage a team culture that embraces AlphaSense’s Diversity Commitments and promotes organizational health
- Guide the team in strategic planning, ensuring effective use of resources and alignment with company-wide initiatives
- Facilitate a culture of innovation where team members contribute to both "what to build" and "how to build"
- Lead by example, establishing yourself as a trustworthy and empathetic leader with a commitment to personal and team growth
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- Proven experience of 8+ years in managing feature development teams with a focus on full-stack Application technologies like React, Node JS, TypeScript, and their respective ecosystems
- Previous experience with GraphQL and Apollo Federation is highly desirable
- Expertise in building containerized services deployed in cloud environments using Kubernetes and AWS/ GCP/ Azure following cloud-native technologies and principles
- Demonstrated ability to lead and grow teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with operational processes and production support in cloud-based ecosystems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to tailor messages to diverse audiences
- A track record of making informed decisions quickly, without compromising on quality or trust
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive and multiculturally sensitive team environment where all voices are heard
- Strategic mindset with an ability to think ahead and anticipate problems before they escalate
- Ability to act as an ambassador for the team, advocating for their work and needs across the organization
- A passion for personal growth, seeking feedback, and leading by example in both managerial and technical expertise.
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast-growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- competitive compensation package
- Very highly skilled colleagues
- Lunch and recreational benefits