Staff Site Reliability Engineer
AlphaSense stands as a premier market intelligence platform trusted by global industry leaders, including top-tier companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including most of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. Learn more at www.alpha-sense.com.
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com and check out the video clips.
1. The decision that matters -
2. India Office -
We are seeking a passionate SRE to help create the next big thing in data analysis and search solutions. You will join our SRE team supporting our developers in taking care of the AlphaSense platform. The ideal candidate will be a highly skilled engineer with knowledge of code and automation. Will be working as part of the SRE team to champion and establish SRE culture in AlphaSense.
- Mission: Elevate our product’s reliability to the level of precision associated with Swiss watch brands, targeting 99.99% uptime. Additionally, enhance existing systems and processes for optimal performance.
- Collaboration: Engage closely with our engineering teams to comprehend their product requirements and contribute to the improvement of their software application build/test/deploy processes.
- Responsiveness: Participate in an on-call rotation, promptly addressing AlphaSense availability incidents, and offering support for application engineers during customer incidents.
- Documentation: Thoroughly document actions to transform findings into repeatable processes and, subsequently, into automation.
- Troubleshooting: Debug production issues across various services and stack levels. software engineering, fostering an environment for continuous learning.
- Performance Engineering: Spearhead efforts to enhance system performance by conducting performance testing and implementing resilient monitoring solutions for continuous tracking of system performance metrics. Assess and strategize for system scalability, proactively anticipating future resource demands.
- Release Engineering: Release Engineering Management: Oversee the end-to-end release process, coordinating the planning, execution, and deployment of software releases. Implement best practices for version control, branching strategies, and release automation to ensure efficient and reliable software delivery. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline release workflows, conduct pre-release testing, and facilitate seamless deployment, contributing to the overall stability and success of the software release lifecycle.
About the Team:
AlphaSense Product Development Organization is composed of great talent across Product, User Experience & Engineering – a team of creative technologists who drive the innovation, execution & delivery of our product every day.
At our core, we’re here as a partner to the broader business – which we do by identifying customer problems, understanding market needs, and devising ways to deliver world-class user experiences.
- Technical Proficiency: Strong experience in Kubernetes, Helm, Prometheus, Fluentd, Grafana, and other Cloud-Native solutions.
- System Proficiency:
- Master of designing simple, flexible, and reliable software components, enforcing the quality of team’s designs and providing quality feedback on designs of reliability objectives.
- Fully understands the layers of the system and appropriate tooling for each one and knows when to engage peers when own knowledge isn’t adequate in one.
- Deeply understands the systems at AlphaSense and how to optimize the lowest levels of the systems and where this is appropriate.
- Deeply understands and can improve multiple of the major systems utilized at AlphaSense and is considered the expert on the systems.
- System Design Proficiency:
- Analyzes patterns in incidents and identifies improvements needed across AlphaSense in how we operate and design software.
- Owns the core reliability of AlphaSense and identifies the appropriate failure domains for the company.
- Makes correct technology choices for components needed as part of a larger architecture, including making build vs buy choices for specific components, and choosing frameworks.
- You are empowered to take responsibility for the holistic health and engineering quality of systems within your domain. This includes identifying potential reliability risks, conducting routine health assessments, formulating a robust reliability strategy, and ensuring that the well-being and upkeep of the systems do not hinge on the maintainers possessing your specific expertise.
- Capable of driving overall reliability strategy of significant systems with high reliability or quality requirements.
- Communication Proficiency:
- You are comfortable with being called to design software or systems in the face of high reliability risks, significant ambiguity or a large number of dependencies.
- Works with cross-functional partners to discover novel technical solutions to business problems.
- Programming Language Proficiency: Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Go, NodeJS, React, Python.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with public cloud providers - AWS/GCP
- Experience working with on-call Incident Response solutions
Want to hear more?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.