Lead QA Automation Engineer
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform that the world's leading companies and financial institutions use. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,500+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit: www.alpha-sense.com
Check out what we’ve built so far:
1. The decision that matters
2. AlphaSense culture: India Office
We seek an innovative Lead QA Automation Engineer to help create the next big thing in Document Search & Research relevant Monitoring solutions.
You will join our team of world-class experts developing the AlphaSense platform. The team is right at the core of what we do and responsible for implementing cutting-edge technology for scalable, distributed processing of millions of documents.
As the QA Automation Lead, you will focus on solving larger technical challenges while leading the effort to design, build and configure applications and act as the primary point of contact.
The ideal candidate has strong QA automation skills accompanied by solid experience working with cloud computing. You should be able to work with your team and inspire them to reach their goals. You should always be expanding your industry knowledge and be able to identify problems quickly. Outstanding technical leads are accountable, trustworthy, and able to build lasting relationships with their teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop product expertise, and technical mastery, and lead a team.
- Clarify requirements & design effective solutions to complex problems.
- Ensure effective delegation to reach the delivery goals with high-quality output while team members are mentored and guided effectively
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues. Identify risks and form contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Evolve technical maturity and ability of the organization by applying new technology and practices through constant learning and innovation.
- Collaborate with teams in global locations and across functions in some cases. Communicate directly with the product and other stakeholders.
- Ensure team performance and inspire the team to grow their skills. Effectively mentor junior members of the team.
- Follow the engineering processes, DevOps practices, and trends inside the company (monitoring, alerting, performance optimization, integration testing, design documentation) and make sure the teams improve related knowledge as well
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with strong team leadership skills in either Java, Kotlin, or Python, or a combination thereof.
- Minimum 2 years experience with any UI automation tool like Selenium, Selenide, Cypress or Playwright
- Minimum 2 years experience with any API automation tool like RestAssured
- Should have worked on building automation frameworks and/or utilities for testing.
- Should have hands-on experience with any of the CI tools ex. Jenkins
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of cloud services on any major cloud (AWS/GCP/ Azure preferred)
- Experience with working on distributed architecture using MicroServices
- Experience with working on Dockers, K8s
- Some experience with performance testing ex K6
- Familiarity with the SCRUM framework
Want to hear more?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.