Lead Engineer (Fullstack)
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,500+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
Check out what we’ve built so far:
1. The decision that matters -
2. India Office -
We seek an innovative Lead Software Engineer to help create the next big thing in Document Search & Research relevant Monitoring solutions.
You will join our team of world-class experts developing the AlphaSense platform. The team is right at the very core of what we do and responsible for implementing cutting-edge technology for scalable, distributed processing of millions of documents.
As the Technical Lead, you will focus on solving larger technical challenges while leading the effort to design, build and configure applications and act as the primary point of contact.
The ideal candidate has strong Application skills accompanied by solid experience working with cloud computing. You should be able to work with your team and inspire them to reach their goals. You should always be expanding your industry knowledge and be able to quickly identify problems. Outstanding technical leads are accountable, trustworthy, and able to build lasting relationships with their teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop product expertise, and technical mastery, and lead a team.
- Clarify requirements & design effective solutions to complex problems.
- Ensure effective delegation to reach the delivery goals with high-quality output while team members are mentored and guided effectively
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues. Identify risks and form contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Evolve technical maturity and ability of the organization by applying new technology and practices through constant learning and innovation.
- Collaborate with teams in global locations and across functions in some cases. Communicate directly with the product and other stakeholders.
- Ensure team performance and inspire the team to grow their skills. Effectively mentor junior members of the team.
- Follow the engineering processes, DevOps practices, and trends inside the company (monitoring, alerting, performance optimization, integration testing, design documentation) and make sure the teams improve related knowledge as well
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- Mastery of React, TypeScript, and their respective ecosystems with 5+ years of strong experience leading an engineering team
- Hands-on experience in developing Node.js backends, ideally in a GraphQL setting
- Demonstrable interest in working closely with multiple stakeholders to deliver an outstanding product
- Good communication skills in English, coupled with a collaborative, team-first approach
- Experience with working with git, building systems like Bitbucket, JIRA
- Previous experience with GraphQL and Apollo Federation is highly desirable
- Expertise in building containerized services deployed in cloud environments using Kubernetes and AWS/ GCP/ Azure
- Familiarity with the SCRUM framework
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast-growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- competitive compensation package
- Very highly skilled colleagues
- Lunch and recreational benefits
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.