Staff Cloud Security Architect
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,500+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com and check out the video clips.
1. The decision that matters -
2. India Office -
About the role -
As a Staff Cloud Security Architect will be responsible for ensuring that Information Security systems and Cloud infrastructures are configured, deployed, and maintained in accordance with AlphaSense’s policies and security standards. This position requires participation in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation for Cyber Security and Information Risk management.
This role is part of a team responsible for administering security projects designed to safeguard AlphaSense’s Cloud infrastructures which is made up of Azure, AWS and GCP. You will be focusing on implementing and engineering information security solutions using industry’s best practices, defining and documenting projects, creating and executing project plans, engaging in project cost management, resource management and performing periodic reporting. This position requires participation in technical research and development to enable continuous innovation for the Cyber Security and Information Risk department. Acts as a subject matter expert who utilizes his/her Cloud Security Engineering expertise to resolve complex problems in consideration of established policies, guidelines, or processes.
- Implement the Firm's Cybersecurity Strategy by architecting, engineering, deploying, and operating technical security controls as they relate to virtual machines, storage, key vault, database services infrastructures in the Cloud.
- You will automate security hardening tasks in Cloud to ensure gaps are identified and addressed quickly with our standards.
- Performs as the Subject Matter expert focused on multiple technologies within the Security domains (Security Engineering, IAM, Cloud Security, Data Security, Network Security, Encryption, Privileged Access Management, Federation etc.).
- Establishes a strategic security architecture vision, including standards and frameworks for medium to large enterprises.
- Develops and maintains log analysis solutions, including data collection and aggregations, data normalization, and reporting.
- Review and analysis of security logs from a wide variety of sources.
- Work with relevant internal IT Application, Infrastructure, Network and Support teams to ensure that security controls are implemented at all significant layers, test those controls and perform gap analysis to find areas of improvement.
- Strong understanding and hands on implementation experience with SANS/CIS Top 20, NIST CSF, 800-53, ISO27001
- Strong Incident Response skillset using MITRE ATT&CK and Cyber Kill Chain frameworks. Being able to conduct threat modeling in order to determine major threats facing the firm.
- Good understanding of Zero Trust principles.
- Perform testing to evaluate new products for network and system security controls.
- Supporting offensive architecture analysis and design of defense-in-depth solutions
- Participate in the development of the security roadmap and communicate the Technology Security vision to senior management and technical departments.
- Coordinates with project team the implementation, upgrade and maintenance of security solutions.
- Creates, maintains, and executes required test case scenarios and use cases to verify requirements
- Monitors data quality and assists in the collection of data for Risk Management and internal auditors.
- 7+ Years of hands-on security architecture, implementation and design experience required, designing globally scalable Cloud security solutions.
- Strong *nix security engineering background required.
- Strong knowledge of Automation using Terraform
- 3+ years of experience with Azure, AWS Docker/EKS and container solutions required.
- Good understanding of DevSecOps concepts
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines and IaC
- Scripting experience in Terraform, bash, python, perl or any other scripting language required.
- Strong understanding of DNS concepts and DNS management using commercial tools
- Cloud Security and hands-on knowledge with GCP and/or AWS
- 3+ years’ experience delivering large and complex programs - where you own the business or technical vision, collaborate with large cross-functional teams, secure commitments on deliverables and unblock teams to land business impact
- Experience in building systems and solutions within a highly regulated environment
- Strong knowledge of enterprise Information Security pillars (Perimeter security, Identity Management and Governance, Privileged Account Management, Compliance, Penetration testing, Encryption, Cloud Security, Incident Response, Vulnerability Management)
- Good understanding of Zero Trust principles
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, and the ability to work with internal teams.
- Ability to communicate information security concepts across a broad range of technical & non-technical staff.