Senior Sales Compensation Manager
Reports to: Director of Accounting
Location: NYC or Remote - United States
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, expert call transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting and disseminating key performance indicators; and by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
The position, based in our New York City HQ or Remote - United States, will be responsible for a variety of accounting activities related to payroll, commissions, and employee compensation matters. You will work as part of a growing team at a well-funded growth-stage tech company and there will be significant opportunities for rapid career advancement.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of working in a financial analytical capacity in sales/and or commissions role, including owning the function for a fast growing organization, to a world class standard
- Prior experience managing sales compensation planning, strategy and execution.
- Prior experience managing contract cost expense amortization per ASC 340-40 strongly preferred
- Strong sense of ownership (own the end-to-end process)
- A self starter who can operate independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior excel skills and proficiency with complex financial models
- High degree of proficiency with SFDC
- Experience in using commission software (Everstage or equivalent), and accounting software (Sage Intacct a plus, but not required)
What You’ll Do:
- Own Sales Incentive Compensation strategy and planning with input from Finance, Sales, and other stakeholders
- Be a strategic partner to the sales organization, having a strong understanding of the business, and designing sales compensation plans to align sales goals to business needs
- Manage all commission compensation according to documented sales plans and ensure compensation is properly accounted for and settled in the appropriate timeframes
- Develop commission communication materials and ensure that all existing and new hires have a full understanding of their compensation plans
- Maintain a deep understanding of compensation plans, source data, and calculation software
- Evaluate current commission tools and make recommendations for improvement
- Manage expense amortization per ASC 340-40 and work closely with the finance team on monthly and quarterly commission calculations and statements.
- Ensure accuracy of data and inputs in conjunction with the People, Revenue Operations team, and FP&A
- Research comparable commission plans and ensure our commission plans are competitive and current industry trends
- Support the sales team by resolving commission payment inquiries
- Work with Revenue Accounting Manager on month-end, quarter end, and year-end accounting journal entries and activities including account reconciliations and roll forward schedules.
- Support other groups with ad hoc analysis and projects, as required
Base Compensation Range*: $150,000 - $170,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.