TLM - Search Services
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,500+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
Check out what we’ve built so far:
1. The decision that matters -
2. India Office -
About the Role
We seek an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a platform Search Services team, responsible for delivering state-of-the-art search functionalities for our world-class AI-powered search platform. The ideal candidate will be a team player, and collaborator, leading by example and demonstrating solid computer science and engineering fundamentals, with a focus on scalability. You will have a passion for building innovative and high-performing search platforms and a strong track record of success in managing and delivering high-quality software.
- Possess a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in software engineering, inclusive of 2 years as the platform engineer’s capacity.
- At least 2 years of experience in leading a high-performing platform engineering team.
- A competent software engineer who can architect large-scale software systems, craft high-quality code and tests, and troubleshoot complex issues effectively.
- Proficiency in platform software development.
- Prior experience in the search domain will be a big plus.
- Familiarity with Java or Python, AWS technologies, SQL or NoSQL Databases, ElasticSearch or Solr and their respective ecosystems.
- Experience in constructing and deploying scalable cloud-based backend services and APIs.
- Proficiency with cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Exceptional communication skills, with a knack for collaborating with cross-functional teams in a dynamic, fast-paced setting.
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving, debugging, and analytical competencies.
- Familiarity with iterative Agile methodologies and utilizing tools like JIRA, Confluence, and Git.
- Lead and manage a proficient team of globally distributed engineers, driving the development of best-in-class search features tailored for market intelligence.
- Take ownership of the search platform and backend services, facilitating seamless user searches for financial taxonomy and entities, thus aiding in their work endeavours.
- Act as a technical thought leader, providing insights into the strategic development of feature-based solutions
- Take responsibility for ensuring the scalability and reliability of the search functionality, liaising with infrastructure teams to uphold search Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Engage closely with product management to envision and cultivate new search features in alignment with strategic objectives.
- Foster collaborations with AI teams to facilitate the integration of in-house AI algorithms within the search framework.
- Invest in team members' mentorship and professional development, nurturing a culture of continuous learning and excellence.
- Actively engage in hiring and retention strategies, including defining or updating role responsibilities and performance expectations.
- Encourage a team culture that embraces AlphaSense’s Diversity Commitments and promotes organizational health.
- Guide the team in strategic planning, ensuring effective use of resources and alignment with company-wide initiatives.
- Facilitate a culture of innovation where team members contribute to both "what to build" and "how to build".
Want to hear more?
You can apply by sending your LinkedIn or resume through the application form.