Manager, People Compliance & Operations
Reports to: Senior Director, People Business Partnerships
Location: New York or Remote - US
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The Global People Team is made up of people professionals with a diverse range of expertise, including talent, people relations, performance achievement, and systems and analytics, amongst others. In 2024 we’ll be focused on building robust People systems and processes which enable us to develop and scale our culture to deliver our strategic priorities and support exceptional performance across all global teams. We are looking for leaders and professionals to join our team who are committed to learning and growing themselves while creatively delivering solutions that have a measurable impact on employee experience.
About the Role:
The Manager, People Compliance & Operations will play a pivotal role in ensuring our organization's adherence to regulatory requirements, internal controls, and strategic operational excellence. This role will be responsible for ensuring compliance in our People policies and procedures and will be a pivotal role in special projects, such as setting up new entities, conducting internal audits, and supporting due diligence efforts for mergers and acquisitions.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience in progressive HR compliance & operations roles
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- Experience working at Post-IPO companies
- Experience supporting M&A processes
- Experience developing and managing compliance programs
- Experience working at global companies, preferred experience working at companies with global locations in India, United Kingdom, Finland, and Singapore
- Experience supporting global expansion efforts
- Strong knowledge of global employment laws, regulations, and compliance standards
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and project management abilities
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across departments and with external stakeholders
What You’ll Do:
- Work with our People Business Partners and in-house Legal team to update our internal templates such as, confirmation change letters, agreements, PIPs, counseling records, bonus & variable compensation plans, etc.
- Work closely with the People Leadership Team to suggest iterations on processes and initiatives to ensure we remain compliant and that we optimize operational workflows.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and automation to enhance productivity.
- Ensure oversight and governance of policies and practices globally, including interpreting and applying understanding of best practices, employment laws, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for People Compliance inquiries.
- Own and develop our People policies and global handbooks and update as needed.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive compliance program to ensure adherence to all relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Respond to audit requests from the People team, such as financial audits, SOC2 audits, etc.
- Ensure compliance with local and international regulations when expanding into new markets.
- Coordinate with Legal, Finance, and other departments to streamline and project manage entity setup processes.
- Own the project management and collaboration with cross-functional teams to conduct due diligence for potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Support integration efforts for any potential companies we acquire.
- Conduct compliance audits and assessments to identify and mitigate risks.
- Own our processes for recordkeeping compliance and internal controls.
- Own anti-harassment and compliance training, partnering with our Leadership & Learning team.
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting, and tasks.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $135,000 - $150,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.