Lean Construction Leader
Silicon Valley, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2023
Who we are:
Aro Homes is a thriving, purpose-driven company on a mission to redefine residential construction. Aro Homes was founded to create well designed, precision engineered homes that are beautiful, livable, and durable, while being built multiple times faster and having a positive impact on the environment.
We are a diverse and experienced group of passionate and curious designers, builders, engineers, product developers, and businesspeople who are passionate about and committed to delivering on our mission. We’ve demonstrated there is a massive opportunity to reduce waste and improve sustainability while building homes in a fraction of the time it takes traditionally. We utilize a repeatable, multi-disciplinary, and product-driven approach which is unique in the industry. We are funded by world-class investors who care about transforming industries for the better, including Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors. If you share the desire to leave a lasting positive impact on the world and to join a strong culture of intelligent, passionate people, then let’s start a conversation.
What you will be responsible for
The Lean Construction Lead has one goal, to make Lean Construction a sustainable competitive advantage for Aro Homes.
We are seeking an experienced & enthusiastic Lean Leader to plan, initiate, and execute our construction site lean journey. The ideal candidate will have Lean construction experience, excellent communication skills with mutual trust & respect for people. A person who sees waste, has a proactive problem-solving mindset and a process flow & results focus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead activities, including: planning, preparing, teaching and implementing lean: 5S, 8 Wastes, WPO, Visual control, PPS, PDCA, Standard Work, Pull, Kanban, Lead time, Gemba, VSM, metrics/targets SQDCM, team events and continuous improvement (CI) to name a few
- Engage participation from everyone associated with our site construction including leadership, general and subcontractors and their respective trades
- Ensure the use of a world-class lean scheduling system
- Lead daily, and weekly planning meetings
- Lead feedback / feedforward process and CI, includes: all employee issues, suggestions, opportunities, etc.
- Eliminate waste through continuous improvement
- Process to collect and analyze lead time data
- Lead Gemba process and walks
- Lead process and creation of 2 second lean videos: “fix what bugs “, before / after, training
- Site Safety, Master Layout, Operating Standards, Material System, Visual Management creation and CI
- Drive CI and the relentless pursuit of being better tomorrow than we are today
- Systems: MS Office, JIRA, Teams, Zoom, Smartsheets, Sharepoint
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- 5-15 years construction experience, preferably home building
- 5-15 years lean practitioner
- Great attitude who thinks and practices lean for fun and to create joy
- Locate in California Bay area, Silicon Valley and willing to travel (minimal)
Preferred requirements and Qualifications
- Experience with software development or project management
- Lean Experience, Continuous improvement
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety Certification or equivalent
- Proficiency in construction management software
What we offer
- Opportunity to join an outstanding start-up team and grow a purpose –driven company from the ground up
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Equity in the company
At Aro Homes, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.