Structural Project Engineer
Sacramento, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
Who we are:
Aro Homes is a thriving, purpose-driven company on a mission to redefine residential construction. Aro Homes was founded to create well designed, precision engineered homes that are beautiful, livable, and durable, while being built multiple times faster and having a positive impact on the environment.
We are a diverse and experienced group of passionate and curious designers, builders, engineers, product developers, and businesspeople who are passionate about and committed to delivering on our mission. We’ve demonstrated there is a massive opportunity to reduce waste and improve sustainability while building homes in a fraction of the time it takes traditionally. We utilize a repeatable, multi-disciplinary, and product-driven approach which is unique in the industry. We are funded by world-class investors who care about transforming industries for the better, including Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors. If you share the desire to leave a lasting positive impact on the world and to join a strong culture of intelligent, passionate people, then let’s start a conversation.
What you will be responsible for
We are looking for an experienced structural project engineer to join our integrated architecture and engineering team. You will be responsible for the structural design and documentation of parts of our homes as well as interfacing with our manufacturing and site assembly teams to ensure our homes meet the structural specifications. You will also work closely with the Design, Field, Manufacturing, and Procurement Teams to identify, prioritize, and implement improvements to our product designs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of all aspects of the product and assembly process to help wherever needed
- Design project-specific structural elements, including foundations
- Provide structural engineering feedback on proposed value engineering ideas
- Create structural engineering tools to expedite the design of structural elements
- Track and manage product redlines and design feedback from the manufacturing and site assembly teams
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with Field, Manufacturing, Procurement, and Design teams
- Serve as a sounding board and evaluator of design strategies and concepts
Candidate Requirements and Qualifications
- Candidate must commit to visiting the Sacramento plant at least once a week
- Licensed Civil PE in California
- Minimum 2 years' experience in light-framed wood construction in high-seismic areas
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in construction administration for structural scope (answering RFIs, reviewing submittals, etc.)
- Experience with BIM systems such as Revit
What we offer
- Opportunity to join an outstanding start-up team and grow a purpose –driven company from the ground up
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Equity in the company
At Aro Homes, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.