Director of Property Acquisition and Real Estate Operations
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
Who we are:
Aro Homes is a thriving, purpose-driven company on a mission to redefine residential construction. Aro Homes was founded to create well designed, precision engineered homes that are beautiful, livable, and durable, while being built multiple times faster and having a positive impact on the environment.
We are a diverse and experienced group of passionate and curious designers, builders, engineers, product developers, and businesspeople who are passionate about and committed to delivering on our mission. We’ve demonstrated there is a massive opportunity to reduce waste and improve sustainability while building homes in a fraction of the time it takes traditionally. We utilize a repeatable, multi-disciplinary, and product-driven approach which is unique in the industry. We are funded by world-class investors who care about transforming industries for the better, including Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors. If you share the desire to leave a lasting positive impact on the world and to join a strong culture of intelligent, passionate people, then let’s start a conversation.
What you will be responsible for
We are looking for an experienced and successful leader for our growing Real Estate Acquisition and Operations team. This senior leadership role will be responsible for building out our property intelligence and buying efforts including development of our data and market intelligence tools, underwriting, pipeline management, promotional and sales efforts. The leader in this role will partner with key functions inside and outside the company including Product/Design, Finance, Manufacturing, Site Operations and more. You will leverage deep understanding of residential real estate markets to build efficient and effective tools and processes which support an abundant supply of highly attractive properties. You will also be responsible for building effective and collaborative relationships with the Broker/Agent community. This role will be responsible for developing our strategies for enabling aggressive and profitable growth while building a passionate, talented team that embraces and strengthens our culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define our overall property acquisition strategy including analysis and insights supporting key decisions
- Deliver a consistent and growing pipeline of properties meeting our criteria to enable profitable growth
- Establish and manage requirements for data/market intelligence tools and partner with Technology and Systems teams to optimize consistently
- Ensure Aro Homes’ reputation and relationships with the Broker/Agent community and relevant external stakeholders are strong and mutually supportive – be a strong brand ambassador
- Lead market and jurisdiction analysis to grow our inventory and support scaling
- Be a voice of the customer and provide actionable and data driven feedback to the Design and Product teams
- Develop tools, processes and analyses to maximize project spreads by buying as effectively as possible
- Manage the process for qualifying, prioritizing and vetting potential properties
- Lead efforts to track and drive down acquisition costs – both hard and soft
- Build a diverse team of capable, passionate individuals committed to our culture and values and to growing Aro Homes into a lasting, successful company
- Be a champion for continuous improvement through measurement, innovation and process
Candidate Requirements and Qualifications
- 7+ years’ experience buying single family residential properties in NorCal at
- Licensed California Broker/Agent
- Innovative thinker willing to take smart risks and try new approaches
- Proficiency with CRM and project tracking tools and systems – e.g. Salesforce, NetSuite, MSFT Project etc.
- Strong analytical capabilities and demonstrated facility with data models, analysis, and reporting
- Entitlement and Construction experience a plus
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Able to build motivated, capable, and engaged teams
- Bias for action
What we offer
- Opportunity to join an outstanding early-stage team and grow a purpose-driven company from the ground up
- Competitive salary package
- Full Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Equity in the company
At Aro Homes, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.