Skilled Construction Technician
Sacramento, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Who we are:
Aro Homes is a thriving, purpose-driven company on a mission to redefine residential construction. Aro Homes was founded to create well designed, precision engineered homes that are beautiful, livable, and durable, while being built multiple times faster and having a positive impact on the environment.
We are a diverse and experienced group of passionate and curious designers, builders, engineers, product developers, and businesspeople who are passionate about and committed to delivering on our mission. We’ve demonstrated there is a massive opportunity to reduce waste and improve sustainability while building homes in a fraction of the time it takes traditionally. We utilize a repeatable, multi-disciplinary, and product-driven approach which is unique in the industry. We are funded by world-class investors who care about transforming industries for the better, including Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors. If you share the desire to leave a lasting positive impact on the world and to join a strong culture of intelligent, passionate people, then let’s start a conversation.
The Skilled Construction Technician works with a team building houses in a manufacturing facility. They will Need to be proficient in one of the following: mud & tape, tiling, painting, or roof framing.
What you will be responsible for:
- Perform mud & tape work, ensuring seamless finishing of drywall surfaces to a Level 5 finish Or
- Execute tiling installations with precision and attention to detail Or
- Conduct painting tasks, including surface preparation, priming, and finishing coats Or
- Undertake roof framing duties, following specifications and safety guidelines
- Collaborate with the construction team to ensure timely project completion
- Uses various hand and power tools to securely build assigned projects
- Joins materials with the most appropriate nail, screw, staple, or adhesive
- Ensures the accuracy of work by checking completed projects with tools such as levels, surveying equipment, or framing squares; corrects problems as needed
- Adheres to local building and safety codes and guidelines
- Trains production employees as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You’ll Do:
- Ability to understand directions and read blueprints
- Ability to properly care for and use tools of the trade
- Proven experience in mud & tape or tiling or painting or roof framing within residential construction settings
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work
- Understanding of safety protocols and regulations in construction
- Familiarity with additional construction trades or skills
- Works well as part of a team
- Willing and able to communicate with and train others
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of vocational school or technical college or apprenticeship program; OR at least three years of experience via on-the-job training required.
- Prolonged periods standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Must be able to safely work with sharp tools or power equipment
- Must have manual dexterity, a good sense of balance, and excellent hand-eye coordination
What we offer:
- Opportunity to join an outstanding start-up team and grow a company from the ground up
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Equity in the company
At Aro Homes, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.