Construction Project Coordinator
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Who we are:
Aro Homes is a thriving, purpose-driven company on a mission to redefine residential construction. Aro Homes was founded to create well designed, precision engineered homes that are beautiful, livable, and durable, while being built multiple times faster and having a positive impact on the environment.
We are a diverse and experienced group of passionate and curious designers, builders, engineers, product developers, and businesspeople who are passionate about and committed to delivering on our mission. We’ve demonstrated there is a massive opportunity to reduce waste and improve sustainability while building homes in a fraction of the time it takes traditionally. We utilize a repeatable, multi-disciplinary, and product-driven approach which is unique in the industry. We are funded by world-class investors who care about transforming industries for the better, including Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors. If you share the desire to leave a lasting positive impact on the world and to join a strong culture of intelligent, passionate people, then let’s start a conversation.
What you will be responsible for
Aro Homes is seeking a Project Coordinator who is an adaptable, passionate, and results-oriented construction management professional with an understanding of systems and procedures to support our site operations. The projects will be located primarily in Mountain View and the surrounding Peninsula. As part of our Site Operations department, you will report to the Director of Site Operations and be responsible for supporting and coordinating site activities. This includes supporting the on-site team with scheduling consultants and subs, managing permit and contract documents and communication. You will also act as customer service point of contact.
What You’ll Do
- Support our Director of Construction in all administrative and tactical action management for site operations.
- Act as a liaison to our subcontractors, Local officials and the Site Operations team.
- Work closely with Procurement, acting as the liaison to insure timely delivery of Aro Home and related materials.
- Take a significant role in Project Closeout. Act as the customer service point person as the project transitions to Warranty.
- Help build positive relationships with neighbors and the community through timely and professional communication.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the municipalities in which we operate.
- Support Development Manager and Foreman to coordinate installation of temporary power, fencing, restrooms and security.
- Support Development Manager and Foreman to secure permits for and coordinate demolition activities including all required plans, permits and notices.
- Organize time efficiently each day to maximize resources.
- Manage consultant and subcontractor payments and lien documents in coordination with accounting.
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Solve problems using good judgement based upon knowledge, experience, and common sense.
- Prepare each project for hand-off to sales team.
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrates a commitment to Company Culture and Core Competencies.
- Strong interpersonal skill is a must; builds and maintains strong working relationships with customers, co-workers, trade partners.
- Shows professional restraint and seeks to reduce stress, help others and find solutions to problems.
- Degree in Construction Management/related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of Construction Administrative experience.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to efficiently use computer systems including Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.; commitment to learning and becoming a proficient user of Teams, the company’s information management system and Jira for scrum activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Activity, Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity and Work Conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- May require periods of travel.
- Normal office environment.
- Frequent activity: Sitting, Viewing Computer Screen.
- Occasional activity: Standing, Walking, Bending, Climbing, Reaching above Shoulder, Pushing, Pulling.
What we offer
- Opportunity to join an outstanding start-up team and grow a purpose –driven company from the ground up.
- Competitive salary package.
- Medical/dental/vision benefits.
- Equity in the company.
At Aro Homes, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.