Sales & Business Development
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Who we are:
Aro Homes is a thriving, purpose-driven company on a mission to redefine residential construction. Aro Homes was founded to create well designed, precision engineered homes that are beautiful, livable, and durable, while being built multiple times faster and having a positive impact on the environment.
We are a diverse and experienced group of passionate and curious designers, builders, engineers, product developers, and businesspeople who are passionate about and committed to delivering on our mission. We’ve demonstrated there is a massive opportunity to reduce waste and improve sustainability while building homes in a fraction of the time it takes traditionally. We utilize a repeatable, multi-disciplinary, and product-driven approach which is unique in the industry. We are funded by world-class investors who care about transforming industries for the better, including Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors. If you share the desire to leave a lasting positive impact on the world and to join a strong culture of intelligent, passionate people, then let’s start a conversation.
What you will be responsible for:
Aro Homes is seeking a Development Manager who is a dynamic leader and construction management professional with an understanding of systems and procedures to support our site operations. The projects will be located primarily in Mountain View and the surrounding Peninsula. As part of our Site Operations department, you will report to the Director of Site Operations and be responsible for project feasibility, pre-construction activity, plan checking, permitting, and obtaining state, city or county approvals for all development activity including project closeout documentation. This includes supporting the on-site team with managing consultants, managing permit and contract documents.
What You’ll Do:
- Report to Director of Site Operations.
- Successfully plan and complete all land development activities on a portfolio of lots including site due diligence, contracting and procurement, consultant coordination, in preparation for horizontal construction.
- Develop and control the project’s land development and permitting schedule and work to optimize cycle time to achieve the company’s business goals.
- Conduct site assessments and define land development costs in collaboration with the Acquisitions team.
- Build positive relationships with neighbors and the community.
- Compile multiple plan sets for submittal, fill out permit applications, pick up permits from municipalities, communicate with involved parties to minimize turnaround time.
- Pick up corrections, submit them to the Planning/Engineering Department and re-submit the corrected plans to municipalities.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the municipalities in which we operate.
- Work closely with Utilities to disconnect and reconnect all required utilities.
- Decommission houses to prevent unauthorized use/access and set up security systems.
- Coordinate installation of temporary fencing, restrooms and security.
- Implement the site storm water protection plan and construction best management practices.
- Conduct hazardous materials survey and abatement; save survey and certification documents to jobsite file.
- Develop and maintain a material salvage plan; create strategies to recycle or reuse the maximum amount of construction waste at the lowest cost.
- Secure permits for and coordinate demolition activities including all required plans, permits and notices.
- Review arborist construction plans and safeguard all trees required for retention; clear all trees that are shown on plans to be removed; develop and maintain the project tree replacement budget in coordination with the arborist and landscape designer.
- Secure and maintain street use permits and install “Sidewalk Closed” sign and orange cones prior to demolition.
- Obtain temporary power pole permit and inspections.
- Secure permits, bid and awards contracts and supervise all Right-of-Way (ROW) and Street Improvement Plan (SIP) work.
- Work with consultants and Aro Site Team to set rough grade, utilities and foundation locations; oversee work of excavation and foundation contractor.
- Upload all the necessary Land Development documentation to company folders.
- Prepare and update spreadsheets and maintain pre-construction job schedules.
- Organize time efficiently each day to maximize resources.
- Provide administrative support to the department as directed by the manager.
- Manage and pay all Impact and Development Fees in preparation of Building Permit issuance.
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Solve problems using good judgment based upon knowledge, experience, and common sense.
- Prepare each project for hand-off to a vertical construction Superintendent.
- Conduct Site Handoff Meeting with Aro Site Team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrates a commitment to Company Culture and Core Competencies.
- Strong interpersonal skill is a must; builds and maintains strong working relationships with customers, co-workers, trade partners and inspectors.
- Shows professional restraint and seeks to reduce stress, help others and find solutions to problems.
- Degree in Construction Management/related field or equivalent experience.
- Maintains current training and certifications for safety, first aid and stormwater management.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to efficiently use computer systems including CAD, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.; commitment to learning and becoming a proficient user of the company’s information management system.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of our DMV/background check.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to join an outstanding start-up team and grow a purpose –driven company from the ground up.
- Competitive salary package.
- Medical/dental/vision benefits.
- Equity in the company.
At Aro Homes, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.