Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, February 4, 2024
Who we are:
Aro Homes is a thriving, purpose-driven company on a mission to redefine residential construction. Aro Homes was founded to create well designed, precision engineered homes that are beautiful, livable, and durable, while being built multiple times faster and having a positive impact on the environment.
We are a diverse and experienced group of passionate and curious designers, builders, engineers, product developers, and businesspeople who are passionate about and committed to delivering on our mission. We’ve demonstrated there is a massive opportunity to reduce waste and improve sustainability while building homes in a fraction of the time it takes traditionally. We utilize a repeatable, multi-disciplinary, and product-driven approach which is unique in the industry. We are funded by world-class investors who care about transforming industries for the better, including Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors. If you share the desire to leave a lasting positive impact on the world and to join a strong culture of intelligent, passionate people, then let’s start a conversation.
What you will be responsible for:
We are looking for a highly skilled construction Foreman with deep single family home building experience to join our team in Mountain View, CA. The Foreman will oversee the successful onsite execution of Aro Home’s field construction projects in the Bay Area. This role will be responsible for managing the day-to-day onsite construction efforts including site prep, earthwork and horizontal construction, assembly/stitching, and finishing of Aro homes. This person will combine experience across several trades with strong leadership and communication skills to ensure the safe, timely and high-quality execution of site plans. This role will coordinate and manage the activities of Aro Homes employees and contractors and collaborate effectively with Aro Homes’ Design Manufacturing and Procurement teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage day-to-day construction activities on-site, ensuring tasks are completed efficiently and according to specifications.
- Coordinate and lead construction crews and subcontractors, fostering a collaborative and productive work environment.
- Develop a culture of quality on the job sites by conducting regular inspections to identify opportunities and maintain quality standards and address any defects promptly with a view to creating continuous improvement.
- Educate on and enforce safety regulations, conduct safety meetings, and proactively address safety concerns.
- Collaborate with project management and other stakeholders to ensure project goals and deadlines are met.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, including contractors, inspectors, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Troubleshoot and resolve on-site challenges, making decisions that align with project objectives.
- Provide clear and consistent feedback and input to Manufacturing and Design about issues and opportunities for improvement – Lean Construction.
- Contribute to project planning and scheduling, ensuring tasks are sequenced appropriately to meet project milestones.
- Manage and motivate on-site teams, providing guidance and support as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of on-site activities and progress.
- Oversee and encourage team ownership of clean work areas. Keep debris, recyclables, unkept materials, and hazardous materials in their designated place.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of 4 years in one or more trades - concrete, carpentry, MEP, drywall etc.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a leadership role is preferred.
- Extensive experience in single family home building is required.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to join an outstanding start-up team and grow a purpose –driven company from the ground up.
- Competitive salary package.
- Medical/dental/vision benefits.
- Equity in the company.
At Aro Homes, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.