Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, February 4, 2024
Who we are:
Aro Homes is a thriving, purpose-driven company on a mission to redefine residential construction. Aro Homes was founded to create well designed, precision engineered homes that are beautiful, livable, and durable, while being built multiple times faster and having a positive impact on the environment.
We are a diverse and experienced group of passionate and curious designers, builders, engineers, product developers, and businesspeople who are passionate about and committed to delivering on our mission. We’ve demonstrated there is a massive opportunity to reduce waste and improve sustainability while building homes in a fraction of the time it takes traditionally. We utilize a repeatable, multi-disciplinary, and product-driven approach which is unique in the industry. We are funded by world-class investors who care about transforming industries for the better, including Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors. If you share the desire to leave a lasting positive impact on the world and to join a strong culture of intelligent, passionate people, then let’s start a conversation.
What you will be responsible for:
We are looking for an experienced and highly capable single family residential Construction Superintendent to join our dynamic team. The Construction Superintendent will lead the full construction process of Aro Homes projects to ensure they are completed on time, on budget, and meet all quality, safety, and building requirements. The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of hands-on experience in single-family construction, a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously, and exceptional leadership and communication skills. The right candidate for this role will be excited about working with a cross functional team to build beautiful, environmentally friendly homes more efficiently and quickly than how it is done today. This critical position will also be responsible for building a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency in our site construction operations and for forging strong, collaborative relationships with key internal and external functions.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee the successful, simultaneous execution of multiple single-family home construction projects, working closely with project managers and other stakeholders to ensure projects are on schedule, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Collaborate with project managers, architects, engineers, and subcontractors to plan and coordinate project activities and timelines.
- Acts as the Company’s primary representative on the job site with third parties including employees, contractors, trade partners, neighbors, inspectors and others.
- Develop and manage project schedules, ensuring tasks are sequenced appropriately, issues anticipated and solved, and ultimately, deadlines are met.
- Lead and manage contractors and team members, including initiating and submitting changes, approving completed tasks, holding teams accountable for results, inspecting work and approving payment for acceptable work and materials.
- Manage project budgets and expenses across labor, materials, equipment and services, adjusting as necessary to stay within goals.
- Conduct regular site visits to ensure work is progressing according to plans and specifications.
- Build a culture of safety and quality and implement and enforce safety protocols to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work culture among on-site teams and subcontractors.
- Troubleshoot and resolve on-site challenges, making decisions that align with project objectives while coaching and training others along the way.
- Utilize Lean construction principles to enhance efficiency and minimize waste.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders, providing regular updates on project progress and providing efficient and timely insights into issues and opportunities.
- Implement processes to consistently bring field and construction feedback to the Design, Manufacturing and Procurement teams; drive continuous improvement.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in single-family home construction.
- 3+ years as a Superintendent with a successful track record.
- Proven experience managing multiple construction projects simultaneously.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and manage on-site teams effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Lean construction principles is a significant plus.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on maintaining high-quality standards.
- Problem-solving abilities to address on-site challenges effectively.
- Advanced understanding of all stages of the homebuilding process including permitting, horizontal construction, vertical construction, quality standards, and construction requirements.
- Facility in reading, interpreting and leveraging drawings, floor plans and FIDs so site teams have clear direction, expectations and accountability to meet all requirements and quality standards.
- Software and digital tool proficiency required to handle job scheduling, project management, costing, payroll & communication with vendors & trades.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or a related field is preferred.
- Relevant certifications in construction management or Lean construction are advantageous.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to join an outstanding start-up team and grow a purpose –driven company from the ground up.
- Competitive salary package.
- Medical/dental/vision benefits.
- Equity in the company.
At Aro Homes, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.