Marketing & Growth Manager
CipherMode is on a mission to make secure, private-by-default computation universally accessible. Enterprises and organizations use CipherMode to perform joint analysis without sharing their data to each other. We are a tight-knit team of leading cryptographers and engineers pushing the boundaries of secure multiparty computation, focused on making it both performant and developer-friendly. Our first product allows data scientists to effortlessly train and run their existing machine learning models on fully encrypted data without decrypting it first! Similar to how encryption-in-transit (SSL/TLS) enabled a world of eCommerce, CipherMode’s patented encryption-in-use will create a secure computation platform that is the backbone of the future.
We are well-funded and backed by leading investors and angels including Innovation Endeavors (Eric Schmidt’s fund), Pillar VC, Jeff Dean (head of Google AI, TensorFlow and MapReduce architect), Sergey Gorbunov (CEO of Axelar), and Jit Saxena (board member of DataRobot). Our advisory network includes two of the foremost researchers in cryptography in the world, Prof. Yehuda Lindell and Prof. Bryan Parno (Forbes’ 30- under-30 most influential scientists).
Join us, a team of technologists from Google, Microsoft, IBM, Amazon and DARPA who believe that access to data - the right data at the right time by the right software - is possible using advanced encryption that protects the data at all times while enabling arbitrary computation and maximum utilization.
Purpose of this role
We are looking for a seasoned marketer to define and execute our growth strategies across various industry verticals. You will develop the growth roadmap of the company along with CipherMode’s leadership team (sales, product, and engineering). This is a key role within the company that shapes our marketing plans and directly influences the trajectory of the company.
The role reports into CipherMode’s chief revenue officer.
Scope of work
Manage growth, acquisition, and retention strategies and execution across all marketing channels
Help craft our core messaging and position the product in a way that our buyers resonate with. Develop our product marketing collateral based on this messaging, including our website, case studies, and solution briefs
Learning market needs and creating a healthy pipeline of customer discovery calls, being very proactive on outbound product marketing, working with Sales to qualify potential prospects and moving the conversations forward
Develop our go-to-market strategy, i.e., responsible for defining our expansion strategy to other verticals, e.g., financial services and healthcare
Owner of outbound marketing activities, e.g., running targeting campaigns via Hubspot
Mastering competitive landscape and analyze market gaps and business opportunities
Championing CipherMode products by organizing various educational sessions and webinars
- Exceptional communication skills
- 5-8 years of experience in Marketing. Should include experience of defining/owning the positioning and messaging of a high growth, technology focused SaaS business. As well as competency in setting up/scaling a Growth Marketing function within an early stage business
- Entrepreneurial, hungry, innovative in their approach to work, full of passion and enthusiasm to drive the business forward fast
- Eagerness to learn a brand new product and technology
Experience working in data collaboration, data clean room, or identity resolution businesses
- Work at an early-stage startup and be part of a team that enjoys challenges and helps you to grow
- Work on cutting-edge technology that will enable entirely new business models that truly preserve privacy and were infeasible before
- Collaboration with an all-star team of executives, cryptography experts, secure computation, algorithms and AI/ML
- CipherMode is remote-first company, so you can work from the beach, mountains or the moon! Preferred location: US West Coast
- Unlimited PTO
- Full health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision including dependents (US only)
- Stock options Home office reimbursement