Sr. Software Engineer IV - Frontend
Posted on Thursday, August 27, 2020
Design and build Citrine’s platform powering the development & discovery of next-generation materials and chemicals.
At Citrine, we’re ushering in the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals.
We are the industry leader in AI for materials and chemicals. Our SaaS platform provides data management and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that help our customers rapidly develop higher-performing, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at market-leading manufacturing and materials companies, and we collaborate with professors and researchers from world-renowned institutions on cutting-edge research at the intersection of AI and the physical sciences.
This year, Citrine won the LyondellBasell Advancing Strategic Potential Forum Award for Innovation. We have also been recognized for our impact on sustainability by the Global CleanTech Group, and earned a spot on both the CB Insights AI 100 List and the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the US. Citrine works with leading global organizations across chemical and materials development and manufacturing, such as: LyondellBasell, Panasonic, Michelin, Synthomer, Solvay, and more. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
Our Platform gives product developers, researchers, and engineers access to cutting-edge, domain-specific AI, all without writing a line of code. This enables our customers to discover and deploy the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals up to 98% faster than traditional R&D approaches. While our headquarters are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, the Citrine team is distributed across the United States, Canada, Belgium, Germany, and Switzerland.
About the Role
Our web application boosts materials research and development efficiency with machine learning models, data management, and data visualization software. Your job will be building features to put these cutting-edge AI tools directly into users' hands.
We are a startup and a leader in the space – time-to-market for new features is essential. You’ll work closely with your team to build these features rapidly, efficiently, and pragmatically. We’re always looking for ways to streamline our process and architecture, which will be an essential part of your role.
What you'll do
- Build UI features for the Citrine PlatformDeploy and support your software in production
- Write tests and participate in code reviews to maintain and improve our quality
- Build internal tooling to increase development efficiency
- Influence our system architecture to improve application performance
- Join our on-call rotation to guarantee service reliability
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of professional UI development experience
- 4+ years of experience developing React and/or Typescript in web applications
- Deep understanding of client application development
- Broad understanding of server application development
- Understanding of docker and infrastructure as a service
- Demonstrated success working with fully remote teams
- Experience with Kanban and Scrum development practices Experience with modern CI/CD practice
- Frontend and UI: React, Typescript, Node, Express, Webpack
- Design: Material Design, Storybook, Sketch
- Backend: Scala, Python, PostgreSQL
- Infrastructure: Docker, AWS, Jenkins
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the interview process.
Our Core Values
Citrine Informatics recognizes that its most valuable asset is its people. We have created our set of Core Values to encourage, support, and invest in our team as they work to innovate and support a more sustainable world. Our Core Values reflect our ongoing commitment to continuously invest in nurturing our talent and our people-first approach to conducting business.
- We take pride in and recognize the successes and growth of ourselves and our colleagues. We support each other in our growth.
- We prototype and collect data to make good decisions. We question that data and are constantly iterating to find the best solution.
- We are all owners of Citrine and make decisions like owners. We work autonomously with personal and organizational accountability.
- We commit to building a diverse and inclusive community within Citrine and actively promote equity and belonging.
- We are tirelessly committed to creating value for our customers.
- We exist to help our customers accelerate the development of sustainable products that are critical to the future of both our planet and our industry.
Compensation and Pay Transparency
At Citrine, we want your path to career growth to be transparent, straightforward, fair, and easily accessible -- starting with your application and interview process. The annual salary range listed below reflects the level we are considering for this position (please note that there may be unique situations where you may fall outside of this range). Where you fall within the range will depend on how your experience and skills align to our internal leveling system as we learn more about you throughout the interview process.
$145,000 USD - $175,000 USD
*Range(s) listed are for full-time employees based in the United States only.
**Colorado only: disclosure above meets the requirement by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Our Benefits (for exempt, full-time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4%
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Life and Disability insurance
FSA and HSA plans
Equity options within the company
12 weeks of paid parental leave
Flexible PTO on top of our 17 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$600 tech allowance
Monthly $75 phone reimbursement
$5,000 annual continuing educational allowance
See more open positions at Citrine Informatics
Something looks off?