Senior Engineering Technician
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is building the future of desktop fabrication. As an Engineering Technician, you will work across all our engineering functions, and get your hands on every part of the development process from the first idea to the final machine. You will be responsible for prototyping, building, and testing systems that will go into future generations of our 3D printers.
If you are passionate about building hardware through interdisciplinary hands-on work, we want you to join us as a Senior Engineering Technician.
- Build and modify prototypes of next generations 3D printers and accessory equipment
- Fabricate / machine high quality mechanical parts in rapid fashion
- Perform Board level rework on PCB assemblies.
- Create or modify custom electrical cabling
- Inspect parts via CMM, calipers, micrometers, multimeters
- Set up and perform engineering tests
- Create and present various reports
- Technical expertise to troubleshoot and repair electro-mechanical equipment
- Hands-on DYIer eager to work on state of the art printers
- “Can do” take charge attitude
- Fabrication and hand soldering experience
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret mechanical, electrical, and electronic schematic drawings and diagrams
- Ability to interpret technical issues from non-technical explanation
- Ability to work independently without any supervision
- Desire to mentor and train lower level technicians
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.