Robotics Systems Integration Manager
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to develop ground-breaking professional 3D printers that are accessible to businesses of all sizes, across multiple industries.
Formlabs products span many technical areas including electronics, motion control, sensing technologies, machine vision, optics, material science, embedded firmware, and PC software. These technologies must all work in concert with each other in order to ship world class products. The System Integration team is the glue that binds the systems together; from making the first prototypes function to the final error handling code that keeps the products reliable.
As the Robotic Systems Integration Manager, you will lead a high performance team of mutli-disciplenary engineers. You and your team will be responsible for defining and integrating sensors and actuators, bringing up and maintaining prototype fleets, developing algorithms and control systems, and delivering embedded firmware for physical systems across the entire Formlabs product portfolio.
- Lead the System Integration team by example; take a hands-on approach to technology development by balancing customer value, cost, and engineering effort to consistently deploy optimal solutions.
- Lead high level architecture decision making around sensing technologies, actuators, control algorithms, calibration techniques, and firmware architecture across all Formlabs products
- Research external products and new technologies to ensure Formlabs products continue to use state of the art algorithms and sensing technologies.
- Deploy resources across programs, prioritize assignments, and hire top level engineers to build a balanced and dynamic team.
- Are an expert in control algorithms, sensors, actuators, and embedded systems for complex, high precision products.
- Can lead and grow a high performance engineering team.
- Have a history of developing successful products in a fast paced environment.
- Are a hands-on contributor actively involved in the daily activities and technical decisions of your team.
- Have a refined instinct for balancing performance with complexity. You are always thinking about what work to do, and more importantly, what work not to do.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.