Manufacturing Operations Lead - Shenzhen
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs manufacturing operations are the key to placing powerful digital fabrication tools into the hands of designers and engineers around the world. Manufacturing thousands of printers is already an enormous task – and the complexity will grow as we build tens and even hundreds of thousands of electronic products each year.
If you are a seasoned engineering manager who can build a robust and adaptable supply chain, optimize the performance of our production line, and shepherd new products through NPI and launch, we want you to join our team as our Manufacturing Operations Manager.
- Manage and scale a team of engineering and manufacturing professionals in Asia to support Formlabs product needs
- Define and drive efforts to enable the right work to be done locally in Asia vs our corporate headquarters in the US
- Enable new Asian capabilities that support our product and cost strategies (sourcing, supply, quality, design, JDM, ODM, vertical integration, etc.)
- Ruthlessly eliminate production defects and unnecessary costs
- Build partnerships with critical suppliers and build resilience in the supply chain
- Define and roll out manufacturing strategies for future products
- Have extensive hands-on manufacturing experience of consumer products
- Can work with contract manufacturers and suppliers to ensure the highest quality product
- Drive inefficiencies out of a manufacturing line without compromising quality
- Are an expert in contracts, price negotiation, performance metrics, and oversight of contract manufacturers
- Implement cutting-edge manufacturing processes to identify problems and rapidly adapt to evolving designs
- Love data and perform sophisticated analytics to improve operations
- Can travel to key manufacturing and supplier sites around the world
- Are process oriented but ready to be agile and innovative
- Are excited to join a fast-paced, bureaucracy averse startup with a flat organizational structure
- Are fluent in English and Mandarin
- 2D or 3D print industry experience
- Programming proficiency, particularly Python
We build amazing things. Come join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.