To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs needs your keen communication, organization and relationship-building abilities to help us grow our brand awareness and spread our message to the world. If you’re passionate about crafting compelling stories, connecting dots, and nailing the details, we have the perfect challenge for you.
We are seeking an experienced Communications Manager to spearhead our communication and awareness efforts. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive communication strategies to bolster media relations, social media presence, and elevate brand awareness. As the Communications Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the narrative around our innovative products and customers. This position requires a creative thinker with strong leadership skills to drive impactful communication initiatives and ensure the company's messaging aligns with its goals.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and implement comprehensive communication strategies to align with the company's goals, ensuring a consistent and compelling message across all channels.
- Media Relations: Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with media outlets, industry influencers, agencies and key stakeholders. Draft press releases, develop key external themes, coordinate media events, work with key customers, and manage crisis communication effectively.
- Social Media Management: Manage the company's social media presence by creating engaging content, managing platforms and engagement, and implementing social media campaigns to enhance brand visibility and uphold brand voice.
- Brand Development: Drive brand awareness initiatives by collaborating with cross-functional teams to create impactful branding materials, ensuring a cohesive and compelling brand image. Uphold a strong and cohesive brand voice across channels, internally and externally.
- Performance Analysis: Utilize analytics tools to measure the effectiveness of communication strategies and campaigns. Provide regular reports on key performance indicators and adjust strategies accordingly to optimize results.
- a track record of developing successful PR strategies and programs that generate meaningful PR outcomes and press coverage
- a self-starter who proactively and consistently develops media-facing initiatives to advance Formlabs
- experience managing PR and social media for technology companies, startups and products
- a minimum of three years of PR experience, either agency or in-house
- can demonstrate a clear understanding of print and digital media (including social media) channels
- passionate and knowledgeable about technology, manufacturing and the industry of “making things”
- know a great story when you see it, and have the vision to bring that story to life, “nose for news”
- possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- work quickly and can produce superb results under tight deadlines
- great connector of internal spokespeople with media opportunities
- high attention to detail and serious about getting things right
- Experience launching consumer products
- 3D printer or 3D CAD industry experience
- Previous professional media / reporting experience
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.