To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our team works closely with other engineering teams to research and develop Formlabs’ next-generation printers and materials. The optics team needs an additional team member that can contribute to the design of our optical systems, think at system level, work with suppliers, manage prototype builds, develop calibration strategies, and coordinate with the larger product development team to integrate the optical system into the overall product.
Do you enjoy working on industry-leading products? Do you imagine how to make a complex optical system work better? Do you want to make something that hasn't been made before? We want you as an Optical Engineer.
- Design optical systems for future Formlabs products
- Develop novel calibration and manufacturing schemes
- Analysis of feature-performance tradeoffs and implications to the overall system design
- Work cross-functionally to ensure integration of your system
- Partner with sourcing to identify and manage key suppliers for optical components
- You have designed and owned optical systems from R+D through production
- Experience validating optical system performance and transitioning an optical system to production
- Shipped commercial products (high-volume is a bonus)
- Experience in the full product development life-cycle (concept to production)
- Optical simulation experience (e.g., Zemax, LightTools, CODE V)
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of EE, ME, Optics, and Physics principles
- Software skills (e.g., Python, MATLAB, C/C++, etc.)
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.