Clinical Laboratory Associate (Contractor) - Pre-Analytical
Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
About this opportunity:
The Clinical Laboratory Associate I is an entry-level position that will support the daily operations in the Clinical Laboratory of the Pre-Analytical team. It is important in our mission to provide quality samples to process downstream for quality analysis and results. Clinical Laboratory Associate I duties include:
- Verifying all aspects of incoming specimens and assessing acceptability for testing.
- Performing and entering information into the laboratory database.
- Preparing samples for testing by centrifuging and fractionation.
- Manually aliquoting specimens and managing sample storage inventory.
- Executing automated protocols on the Hamiltons.
- Creating sample batches, printing labels, and labeling tubes associated with each batch.
- Performing equipment maintenance according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures (SOPs) including, but not limited to, the following: centrifuges, freezers, pipettors, PLUGGO decapper, Micronic Screw Cap Recapper, Biosafety Cabinets, and Hamilton units, as needed.
What you’ll do:
- Ensuring on-time calibration of laboratory equipment is scheduled and performed.
- Maintaining sufficient inventory of material, supplies, and equipment in the laboratory for performance of duties.
- Checking, monitoring, and recording temperatures.
- Documenting all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Reporting all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer.
- Perform other miscellaneous laboratory duties as assigned and assist others as time allows.
- Working closely with the Analytical Team to provide consistent and ongoing support to the entire service department.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in biomedical laboratory science, clinical science, or a related field.
- Zero to one years of work experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- The ability to prioritize tasks with a high emphasis on quality.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to work as part of a team within a highly collaborative environment.
Contractors may be hired through a third-party provider and will be considered contingent workers. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Something looks off?