Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure
Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure to lead the team through the architecture, design, and implementation of infrastructure technologies that will be critical in providing the technology platform Freenome needs to scale its business. This role will involve new technology implementations and managing the support of current infrastructure including working with supporting vendors.
The Senior Manager, IT infrastructure will have a deep and broad knowledge of networking, virtualization, server, storage, and operating system technologies, both on-premise as well as in the GCP cloud. This position will work closely with the Information Security team to ensure a compliant and secure infrastructure environment.
What you’ll do:
- Leads team of network engineers, system administrators, lab system administrators to support Freenome infrastructure (On prem, Labs and GCP)
- Problem Solving, collaboration, solid comprehension of cloud, virtualization, storage, networking, software and hardware, strategic planning, leadership, mentorship, creating and giving presentations
- Identify, create, and apply process improvement to increase product and service quality to achieve business objectives
- Contributes to defining the department's long-term strategy and goals
- Collaborate with the Help desk and Business Application team to define and implement the infrastructure needed for day to day operations
- Ensures data security and disaster recovery protocols are in place. Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Develops and creates standardized processes and procedures to guide documentation and knowledge base development for IT infrastructure operations support
- Develops and supports standards for enterprise-wide use of resources. Recommends enterprise level strategies and goals for infrastructure hardware and software procurement and deployment. Writes detailed scopes of work for staff projects
- Plan, communicate, and deploy changes to IT infrastructure per standard change management process and scheduled maintenance windows. Coordinate IT change and maintenance activities with business stakeholders
- Maintains IT infrastructure and network diagrams, asset/equipment inventory and IT change/incident logs
- Supports IT audits and conduct IT systems/network vulnerability scanning, patching and hardening
- Manage external vendor relationships
- 7+ years’ experience in a technology leadership/management role
- Strong management and technical skills, most notably architect-level skills in virtualization, systems administration, scalable upgrade and migration strategies, networking, and storage. Possess the technical expertise with virtualization and network infrastructure technologies such as VMware vSphere, LAN and WAN
- 5+ years of experience managing or maintaining enterprise IT infrastructure (Network, IaaS, PaaS, and/or Security)
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant continual development
- Strong project management, problem solving, organizational, relationship, communication, and negotiation skills (oral and written) are required
- 7+ years of experience with Windows 10/11, Windows server, DAS/NAS/SAN, Google workspace, and GCP
- Strong knowledge of security access controls, policies, groups, rights, and permissions
- Familiarity with IT GRC (BCDR, ITSM/ITIL, SOX, ISO, PCI, HIPAA, GMP, GDPR, FDA 21 CFR Part 11)
- Ability to document and explain complex technical solutions to management and other non-technical staff
- Strong customer service and time management skills, with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work weekends and after hours for IT projects/maintenance (on occasion)
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS/CIS, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Industry certifications such as ITIL, CCNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, VCP, Cloud+, Security+ preferred
- Experience with GMP systems and IT systems change management process.
- Experience with Juniper, Meraki, Netapp, VmWare, and Google workspace
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $157,000 - $240,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Something looks off?