Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
At Freenome, we are seeking a motivated Lab Technician to help grow the Freenome Scientific Operations team. The ideal candidate is eager to learn and able to work with urgency in an ever changing environment. This person is responsible for all things related to R&D support - reagents, equipment, consumables, study support. You are passionate about fighting cancer, and you will have a significant impact on the continued growth of an organization dedicated to changing the entire landscape of cancer.
The role reports to the R&D Lab Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Development and Supply Chain teams to provide consistent and ongoing support to the entire laboratory
- Assist Research Associates and Scientists with preparation and aliquoting of reagents
- Assist Research Associates and Scientists during sample preparation and testing
- Document all reagent/consumable details and corrective actions taken during sample preparation
- Use automated liquid handling platforms to assist with executing automated procedures
- Ability to follow SOPs and troubleshoot following safety protocols
- Attention to detail and documentation practices within a repetitive work function
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material and supplies in the laboratory for performance of duties
- Assist with organizing and maintaining Development reagent and sample inventory documents
- Associate’s degree or higher in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related field
- 1+ years of hands-on laboratory experience in the life sciences (industry and/or academia)
- Proven track record of running successful experiments and maintaining a detailed lab notebook
- Clear communication skills (written, oral, and record-keeping) and the ability to work with team members across disciplines
- Open to working outside normal business hours, which could include weekends alternate work schedules (4 10’s or 9 80s) depending on business needs
Nice to haves:
- Valuable supplementary skills include:
- Experience handling and preparing blood and/or tissue samples
- Experience working with automated liquid handling platforms & software
- Experience with PCR, extraction, quantitation, fragmentation
- Experience with DNA and/or RNA library preparation for NGS
- Experience setting up Illumina sequencers
- Experience running high-throughput experimental designs and/or assays
- Understanding and documenting with in a ERP system
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our hourly rate for new hires is $26.56 - $40.87. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Something looks off?