Informaticist, RWD (Remote)
Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
We are seeking a Clinical Informaticist, RWD to help grow the Freenome cross-functional Real-World Data Informatics team and support various aspects of developing and maintaining regulatory and product-grade data curation pipelines. The ideal candidate has experience developing and maintaining healthcare data dictionaries to support clinical studies and product development efforts. With your passion for data integrity, knowledge of standard ontologies and data models you will help turn EHR, claims, and other RWD sources into high-quality, analysis-ready datasets used across the organization. These efforts will contribute to the development and commercialization of a portfolio of early cancer detection products that will enable payers, providers, and patients to catch cancers early when curative intervention is most achievable.
The role reports to the Manager, Clinical Informatics, RWD.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries for real-world evidence (RWE) studies and other product development and commercialization efforts
- Collaborate with our risk modeling, computational science, and clinical development teams to define data requirements, reconciling research needs with real-world data collection practices and utilization
- Execute RWD curation efforts, including data mapping, cleaning, and structuring, to create analysis and product-ready datasets
- Bachelor Degree in Healthcare Informatics, Nursing, Public Health, Health Information Technology, Community Health, or other closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least four years of industry experience in clinical informatics, including experience with:
- EHR and claims data
- Applying RWD to clinical research, preferably for diagnostic, medical device, or therapeutic product development
- RWD across multiple disease areas
- Deep knowledge of ontologies commonly used by health systems and payers, including ICD-10, HCPCS, CPT, LOINC, RxNorm, SNOMED, and their rollups to support data discovery and analysis
- Experience with terminology browsers and authoring tools
- Strong organizational skills and a deep appreciation for semantics
- An entrepreneurial and solutions-oriented mentality, you are comfortable with ambiguity, are self-directed, and have outstanding problem-solving skills
Nice to haves:
- Proficiency in SQL, and familiarity with R and Python preferred
- Familiarity with the OMOP CDM, as well as its standard vocabularies
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $115,000 - $175,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Something looks off?