Director, Key Customer Marketing
Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
At Freenome, we are seeking a Director, Key Customer Marketing as we grow the Freenome Commercial team. The ideal candidate has developed and implemented KOL/Congress strategy for an in vitro diagnostic (IVD). This person is responsible for creating KOL strategy and execution efforts to shape marketing activities for all future customers. This includes provider-specialists and PCP, Emerging Channels, and Payers/Government. You are passionate about accessibility and quality patient care, and you will have a significant impact on the continued growth of an organization dedicated to changing the entire landscape of cancer.
The role reports to the Vice President, Marketing and Commercial Strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the assessment, strategic and tactical development, and engagement with KOLs including engagement strategies for marketed and pipeline assets pre/post launch
- Develop tools to track KOL activity including, identification, profiling, and engagement to build, cultivate, and maintain KOL relationships
- Drive commercial KOL impact-mapping initiatives by developing profiles and engagement / communication plans for top KOLs
- In partnership with Freenome medical and scientific teams, collaborate with KOLs to develop educational content, participate in speaking engagements, and contribute to scientific publications to build credibility and thought leadership
- Collaborate with Medical in the development, implementation and management of publication plans including timelines, deliverables and resource allocation
- Build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders, such as healthcare organizations, professional associations and thought leaders, to gain insights and support marketing initiatives
- Proactively evaluate the relevant market landscape, monitoring changes in market dynamics, competition, clinician needs, and practices
- Provide the strategic leadership, as well as operational ownership of the planning and execution of local, regional, and national congresses, conferences, speaker programs, and sponsorship opportunities
- Lead the development and execution of commercial advisory boards to inform, uncover opportunities, and support brand strategy and launch preparation
- Form and lead Congress Steering Committee to define congress strategy and achieve alignment among cross-functional team members including timelines, logistics, collateral, communications, and results
- Project manage logistics including booth design, implementation of Freenome collateral, housing, registration, logistics, pre-congress briefings and congress meetings, ancillary meetings, internal communications, and post-congress reporting
- Manages relationships with third party vendors and agencies including contracts, payments, and overseeing the delivery and quality of deliverables
- Develop creative approaches and utilize innovative technology to deliver enhanced customer experience at congresses and advisory boards
- Evaluate attendance and conduct post program surveys and debriefs
- Develop KPIs, metrics and feedback mechanisms relative to the performance of KOL and congress efforts
- Establish process, consistency and transparency into annual plans, opportunities and execution
- Key contributor to the planning process inclusive of strategic and tactical development
- Partner cross-functionally to identify and advance product or portfolio opportunities with Field, Marketing, Regulatory, Medical, Science, Legal, Corporate Development, and Commercial Operations and leverage insights in KOL strategy and engagement
- Responsible for budget management
- Drives analysis to ensure appropriate spend and best use of budgets to achieve company OKRs and optimize performance
- Leads projects through the internal legal, regulatory, and medical review process and ensures all strategies, plans, and tactics are aligned with legal and compliance requirements
- Undergraduate degree
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Diagnostics in commercial strategy, market access, marketing, or a related field
- Experience leading KOL engagement activities, including driving KOL strategy, management of KOL data, and implementation of strategic initiatives
- Successful launch experience for an in vitro diagnostic (IVD)
- Strong understanding of regulations, laws, and rules governing the industry
- Strategic systems thinker with proven ability to build, measure, and refine repeatable and consistent approaches
- Highly collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills fostering strong relationships across the organization
- Possess an entrepreneurial, determined, and tenacious approach to impacting patients and business
- Experience with function-wide business planning processes, including development, execution, and measurement
- Utilize structured methods to gather intelligence and feedback from internal and external stakeholders and transform insights into meaningful actions
- Natural relationship builder and communicator with strong stakeholder management capabilities and problem-solving skills
- Proactively identifies and solves complex problems with a solutions-orientation
- Ability to analyze complex data and utilize data analytics and metrics to measure effectiveness and results of strategies and programs and drive for optimal outcomes
- Compelling story-teller able to craft and tell the company’s story, strategy, and capabilities in an inspiring narrative to internal and external audiences
- Excellent project management expertise and budgeting skills
- 30-40% travel anticipated for conference attendance, KOL meetings, speaker program attendance, etc.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience in Diagnostics, Oncology or Hematology/Oncology preferred
- Field experience preferred
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $183,000 - $280,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)