DevOps Engineer (Contractor)
Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
About this opportunity:
At Freenome, we are seeking a DevOps Engineer with some software programming experience to help grow the Freenome IT Infrastructure team. This person will be responsible for building automation and tool sets that streamline manual processes. Additionally, this person will be responsible for implementing best practice frameworks when it comes to the management of GCP projects and other various cloud infrastructure.
The role reports to the Sr Manager, IT Infrastructure
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Engineering, IT Help Desk, and Automation teams
- Contribute to the architecture design and implementation of the IT infrastructure Freenome runs both on-prem and in GCP/GWS
- Technical lead who will identify, architect, and deploy automation solutions to streamline manual processes
- Technical lead who will drive the adoption of Infrastructure as Code within the IT Infrastructure department
- Technical lead who will drive an observability effort as it relates to IT Infrastructure
- Provide technical mentorship to your team members
- 5+ years of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience.
- Be well-versed in best practices when writing efficient, understandable & maintainable Infrastructure as Code
- Experience developing scripts and tools to reduce repetitive manual processes with automations
- Demonstrable experience and curiosity when troubleshooting full-stack production systems (including network, storage, compute layers, and service dependencies such as DNS, DB, etc)
- Experience with metric and alerting tools.
- Willingness and drive to elevate the skill sets of your team members by proving excellent mentorship
- Able to identify your team’s dependencies on other areas and across functions, communicate effectively to remove impediments
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot system issues
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong documentation skills
Nice to haves:
- Working in Clinical Diagnostics or Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Working with Terraform & GitLabs
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Previous physical and bare metal experience (Juniper, Dell, NetApp, etc) or ability to demonstrate an understanding of physical layer concepts and technologies
Contractors may be hired through a third-party provider and will be considered contingent workers. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)