Lab Systems Administrator
Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
Are you a tech-savvy problem solver who thrives on helping others? If so, this position may be for you! The Lab Systems Administrator will be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation and day-to-day administration of our lab IT system and network. The ideal candidate will have systems administration, storage, networking and security skills. This individual will build and maintain highly-resilient, secure and scalable IT solutions for our fast-growing labs.
As the primary administrator and escalation point for our lab systems, this person must possess strong technical and communication skills with the ability to anticipate, triage and resolve problems quickly, maintain impeccable systems uptime and deliver measurable IT value to the business. This opportunity is suited to proactive and detail-oriented IT professionals with a broad set of technology skills and experience. If your experience is a fit, then don't miss out on joining us at Freenome where we're revolutionizing early cancer detection through advanced technology products and services.
The role reports to the Director, Information Technology.
What you’ll do:
- Design, maintain and troubleshoot hardware/software solutions to support our labs which develop and conduct groundbreaking diagnostic tests for cancer
- Manage MDM (Manage Engine) solution
- Install and manage lab related software and licenses
- Deploy and manage Windows machines (physical and virtual)
- Manage and maintain enterprise storage (Netapp and Synology)
- Manage and maintain VMWare environment
- Manage and maintain Windows servers
- Collaborate with Network and System Administrator to develop and maintain solutions in a regulated environment
- Provide primary support for lab IT infrastructure and systems issues/requests, and ensure all IT incidents and requests are prioritized and resolved in a timely and professional manner within SLA guidelines
- Install and maintain systems firmware, software and patches/utilities on lab machines. Schedule after-hours maintenance and engage vendors for support and warranty repairs as appropriate
- Plan, communicate, and deploy changes to IT infrastructure per standard change management process and scheduled maintenance windows. Coordinate IT change and maintenance activities with business stakeholders
- Create and maintain standard IT policies, procedures, and user guides for lab environment
- Follow established IT policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Maintain and enforce security across all lab systems and applications from core to edge
- Maintain IT infrastructure and network diagrams, asset/equipment inventory and IT change/incident logs for the lab
- Support IT audits and conduct IT systems/network vulnerability scanning, patching and hardening
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on support and troubleshooting Windows in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of experience in server and storage configuration and troubleshooting
- 5+ years of experience of building and maintaining infrastructure which manages a Windows environment (Active Directory, Domain Controllers, GPOs. etc)
- 5+ years of experience with VMWare, Windows Server, and Windows 10/11
- Strong knowledge with industry current computing hardware and peripherals
- Strong knowledge of security access controls, policies, groups, rights, and permissions
- Experience in security, incident investigation and remediation
- Familiarity with IT GRC (BCDR, ITSM/ITIL, GMP, GDPR, FDA 21 CFR Part 11)
- Ability to document and explain complex technical solutions to management and other non-technical staff
- Strong customer service and time management skills, with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work weekends and after hours for IT projects/maintenance (on occasion)
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS/CIS, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Industry certifications such as ITIL, CCNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, VCP, Cloud+, Security+ preferred
- Experience in diagnostic labs is a plus
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $102,000 - $155,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)