Senior Network Engineer (Contractor)
Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
About this opportunity:
At Freenome, we are seeking a Staff Network Engineer with experience managing enterprise and data center network infrastructure. This person will be part of the team tasked with delivering the network infrastructure for Freenome’s new HQ campus. Additionally, this person will be responsible to ensure Freenome’s network infrastructure is scalable and following industry best practices. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with enterprise network technologies, automation tools, and a background in managing secure network solutions.
The role reports to the Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the architecture design and implementation of the network infrastructure; both on-prem and in GCP
- Work closely with engineering and laboratory teams to gather requirements, analyze, and propose infrastructure solutions
- Contribute to the delivery of a global standard network infrastructure
- Develop and maintain network documentation, including diagrams, policies, procedures, and best practices
- Troubleshoot and remediate any events impacting the operations and availability of the global network infrastructure
- A minimum of 10 years Network Engineering experience
- A minimum of 7 years Firewall security experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience with configuring and managing Palo Alto Network firewalls
- Juniper Networks JNCIP-ENT certification or equivalent experience
- Advanced understanding of network hardware, software, protocols, and technologies
- Experience with enterprise wireless network solutions and deployments
- Hands-on experience with Juniper Networks & Palo Alto Networks products and solutions
- Hands-on experience with SSL and IPsec VPNs
- Familiarity with network monitoring, management, and troubleshooting tools
- Ability to work individually, as well as in a dynamic team environment
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong documentation skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in Clinical Diagnostics or Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Expert experience with Juniper Networks products and solutions
- Expert experience with Palo Alto Network Firewalls, Prisma, and Panorama
- Experience with efficient iP SOLIDserver DDI
- Engineering networks in GCP or other cloud providers
Contractors may be hired through a third-party provider and will be considered contingent workers. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)